Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pleased with our 152Mb BB

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pleased with our 152Mb BB

Old 20-01-2015, 07:50   #1
Virgin N00b
Inactive

Virgin N00b is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Pleased with our 152Mb BB

I have to say I'm really quite pleased with our Virgin BB.

Here's a wired test:

Here's a wireless one from my laptop:

I know lots of people have issues (I've been one in the past), but credit where credit is due.
Virgin N00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2015, 16:23   #2
Sherlock614
Inactive

Services: Virgin 200mb, Tivo, Phone
Sherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pleased with our 152Mb BB

No system is infallible. But when i see it hitting 160mb it still puts a smile on my face

I remember when 1mb was unleashed years ago and i did the same then!

Enjoy
Sherlock614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 17:52   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

glad to see everything is working ok. I have also got a great connection and enjoy full speed all the time.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 20:07   #4
C225
Inactive

C225 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine has its moments but just now even at peak it works quite good
C225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 20:53   #5
misterpops
Inactive

misterpops is an unknown quantity at this point

Trust me it won't last

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4057400614
misterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 02:27   #6
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock614 View Post
But when i see it hitting 160mb it still puts a smile on my face
Local server =

London =

Hope that makes your day lol
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 07:42   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Mine has been rock solid since the day i was upgraded to it.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 16:30   #8
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I remember when 1mb was £50 a month and I'm sure it was linked to the VM box...was a real pain in the bum as sometimes it would lose connection and you had to go over and reset the box to get your internet back
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 21:53   #9
Sherlock614
Inactive

Services: Virgin 200mb, Tivo, Phone
Sherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the roughSherlock614 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Mine has been rock solid since the day i was upgraded to it.
Long time no see Mr Sirius Still have PM's from you from 2008! Still good to see you around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
I remember when 1mb was £50 a month
Worse still we were happy to pay it
Sherlock614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 14:29   #10
chrisjones
Inactive

Services: 100mb BB TiVo 500gb TV L Phone - Evening / Weekends
chrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud ofchrisjones has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to chrisjones Send a message via MSN to chrisjones Send a message via Yahoo to chrisjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock614 View Post
Long time no see Mr Sirius Still have PM's from you from 2008! Still good to see you around

Worse still we were happy to pay it
lol you have to remember, back then it was state of the art! One day we will look back and laugh at using wifi.
chrisjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 10:29   #11
hooky2007
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV XXL Broadband 152mb Tivo 500gb Home phone (M)
hooky2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

My VM package was changed last Monday to 152mb and when tested on Speedtest.net I'm getting up to 160mb, my question is I also have a desktop pc (HP i7) upstairs connected by wireless with a VM dongle which was supplied with the superhub, I'm only getting 30mb, is this likely to be a problem with the dongle or is this speed what I can expect?
hooky2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 17:48   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

it depends dude, for starts you might need a more up to date dongle in order to achieve the faster wireless speeds but there are also environmental factors so consider such as the location of your pc and distance from the "router". I say router because the most important factor is which shub you have got. If you have got a shub2 then I would look at spending £10 on a new wireless dongle, if it is a shub1 then you need to look at getting a new wireless router. I am not exaggerating when I say the wireless on shub1 does not work.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:30   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

The Superhub 1's dongle was actually a pretty decent chipset (dual-band 2x2) but the form factor makes for fairly poor reception - which combined with the Superhub's reputation for less-than-stellar coverage doesn't make for a good combination.

Plus if it's the Superhub 1 you're more likely than not in 2.4Ghz mode which doesn't help either.

I actually use a few of those adapters for experimentation including one I've modded with external antennas.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote