Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2015 UK General Election Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

2015 UK General Election Thread
View Poll Results: Which Party, regardless of whether a majority or not, will get the most seats?
Conservatives 40 50.63%
Labour 28 35.44%
Liberal Democrats 0 0%
UKIP 7 8.86%
SNP 0 0%
Green Party 0 0%
Other 4 5.06%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2015, 16:26   #601
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: 2015 UK General Election Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i wouldn't want the back stabber sat behind me
so every brother that goes for same job is a back stabber?
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2015, 16:52   #602
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Nigel Farage is on course to lose in South Thanet and Ukip faces wipeout.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...=facebook-post
Old 19-04-2015, 17:01   #603
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Nigel Farage is on course to lose in South Thanet and Ukip faces wipeout.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...=facebook-post
good news don't want a racist nasty party
Old 19-04-2015, 18:50   #604
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Who do you trust the one who made a mess eating a bacon sarnie, or the tory who left his kid in a pub and eats hot dogs with a knife and fork.
Old 19-04-2015, 19:09   #605
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
so every brother that goes for same job is a back stabber?
All of them? No. Some of them? Yes, depending on the circumstances.

I think exploiting the Labour movement's undemocratic union block voting system to prevent his older, more popular brother from achieving an ambition that was well known and declared sooner, puts Ed Miliband firmly in the backstabber category.
Old 19-04-2015, 19:26   #606
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

I think exploiting the Labour movement's undemocratic union block voting system to prevent his older, more popular brother from achieving an ambition that was well known and declared sooner, puts Ed Miliband firmly in the backstabber category.
and if he can't be trusted to be fair with his own family why would i trust him with the future of mine .
Old 19-04-2015, 19:35   #607
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Most politicians will do anything to further their political career and if that means stabbing somebody in the back then many won't hestitate in doing it.
Old 19-04-2015, 20:39   #608
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

I think the Tories are a bit worried about how badly Ed isn't doing. Big mistake not getting Dave to debate Ed one-on-one ..
Old 19-04-2015, 21:02   #609
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Tories' failure to attract ethnic minority vote 'could cost nine seats at election'

Quote:
Report by Runnymede Trust suggests that unless the Conservatives reach out, the number of seats in jeopardy could be as many as 50 by middle of next decade
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...labour-victory
Old 19-04-2015, 21:30   #610
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Labour's leadership selection process was known about in advance. It's not like the involvement of the unions was new to them. What does the fact his brother has older and more popular got to do with it? It's not his turn. It's a contest.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I think the Tories are a bit worried about how badly Ed isn't doing. Big mistake not getting Dave to debate Ed one-on-one ..
Ed Miliband's numbers are improving all the time. The idea was that they didn't want him to have more exposure as he would probably exceed the very low expectations. It seems to have backfired.
Old 19-04-2015, 21:58   #611
RizzyKing

I am on benefits until this election i was a conservative voter and my political mentality is still conservative but will not and cannot vote for those calling themselves conservatives most of the reasons I can't say as they have been witnessed in private though I'd love to be indiscrete it's just not me. There are a lot of people out there like me and won't return to the fold until the current lot are gone. There is a growing group of people in this country who don't feel represented by any of the realistic parties to take government and will be staying at home election day. If things are to change within the public it must be preceded by massive change within the political establishment which is not even on the table so I foresee another decade perhaps two before reality hits.

Until then red, blue, yellow or purple keep voting for the same types of people as it's all you can do in itself a depressin g realisation.

Old 20-04-2015, 10:38   #612
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Having not listened to the 'debate' and been avoiding as much radio coverage of it as I can, I wasn't aware that Farage had called into question the selection of the Beeb's audience but he does have a point doesn't he? Who decides who gets on these debates and how is it done?
Old 20-04-2015, 10:47   #613
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Ok ... It's time for our first official Cable Forum opinion poll for the 2015 general election.

Please go to this thread: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20...s-general.html

This thread is now closed, however please feel free to continue any discussions from here, in the new thread.
Closed Thread