Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cab with Bent Roof.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cab with Bent Roof.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:32   #31
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cab with Bent Roof.

Having read through those OFCOM proposed regulations, I don't really see how they can call that 'simplifying'.

Currently you just look up the call cost, per minute. Be that with BT or with VM or wherever.

If the regulations are imposed as they seem to be written, you will have to find out the 'service charge' from the company providing the service, and then look up a seperate 'access charge' from your own telecoms provider, then add them together...

This is not simplifying IMHO, and will lead to confusion with a lot of people.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2015, 11:06   #32
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Why would it? They have absolutely nothing to gain from that.
They lose money on 0800 but make money on 0845?

Our local GP went to 0870, but 0800 for test results.

Then the test results service went to an 0870 number, and most boycotted it, preferring to join the long queues every day from 11:30 to 12:00 to get their results.

Rumour has it that their number will soon be an 03** number.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:12   #33
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
They lose money on 0800 but make money on 0845?

Our local GP went to 0870, but 0800 for test results.

Then the test results service went to an 0870 number, and most boycotted it, preferring to join the long queues every day from 11:30 to 12:00 to get their results.

Rumour has it that their number will soon be an 03** number.
Yes but this has always been the case, why would mobile operators making 0800 free as well have any impact?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 16:48   #34
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I wonder if 789 from a Virgin mobile will get me through to Virgin Media faults?
150 does on my payg Virgin Mobile?
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 17:15   #35
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
150 does on my payg Virgin Mobile?
I shall try that! Thanks!
Old 02-02-2015, 19:30   #36
Taf
cf.mega poster

Thumbs up Re: Cab with Bent Roof.

Quote:
Our local bashed cabinet was replaced on Wednesday, and yesterday our phone service was returned. Three and a half days...

I tried to report the line as dead on Thursday.... but woke to found our internet connection dead too. Our close neighbours also had dead VM phone lines, so a £1.50 call to a VM 0800 number to get it sorted.
VM forum told me to check with 150 that the telephone downtime was reimbursed. It hadn't, so a manual refund was done, Ditto for the BB downtime. And I was refunded the 0800 phone call.

And for some reason I was offered £3 off for the next 6 months. Glad of it.