Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HTC One M8 - Vodafone PAYG £289.00 (Plus £10 top-up)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

HTC One M8 - Vodafone PAYG £289.00 (Plus £10 top-up)

Old 21-01-2015, 01:04   #31
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: HTC One M8 - Vodafone PAYG £289.00 (Plus £10 top-up)

yeah enjoying my metal phone and best speakers of all time.
only if HTC made hardware button like samsung.

LG G3 should have black bars on top and right side of the screen when watching BBC News app aswell?
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2015, 10:04   #32
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
yeah enjoying my metal phone and best speakers of all time.
only if HTC made hardware button like samsung.

LG G3 should have black bars on top and right side of the screen when watching BBC News app aswell?
I am not sure about my LG with the BBC News app(beta version) as it got updated yesterday and is now radically different and looks even better.
Old 22-01-2015, 20:30   #33
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
am not a fan of HTC one.
I only got it because techRader gave it 5 stars and came number one on there web site.
but i regret now.
I don't like on screen button makes the screen smaller.
off screen (capacitive) buttons are better.
only loved the speakers sound is good and metal body of the phone, thats about it.
the big speaker make the phone look so long and big. why didn't the get rid of black bar were HTC logo is?. tiny/small bezel is alot better
I should have stick with my Samsung galaxy s4. i9505

i don't like sense 6 that much either.
i liked touchwiz alot more.

want to go back to samsung galaxy now.
i don't recommend anyone to buy HTC one.

samsung galaxy series i will recommend.
I didn't like the HTC One either, felt like a cold, sharp block of metal in my hand. Speakers were awesome though. Thoroughly blown away with my Note 4.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 08:48   #34
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

htc one m9 coming out about March 2015 with better camera. Maybe 20MP camera

And there no point if mobile phone going higher then 2.5GHz CPU with 4 cores and 3Gb RAM memory.
No point of 64bit CPU either. unless your doing video editing on your phone then you need 64bit CPU.
Ultra HD screen is also crap because it will eat your battery more and make your phone lag. And you won't see that much difference anyway from 1080p.
They just making people fool that higher clock speed is better and ultra HD is better and more Memory is better.

2.5Ghz CPU and 3 Ram of memory is enough don't need more higher then that.
Don't need more MP in camera for most users.

Samsung galaxy has a USB 3 charger is that any faster compared to USB 2 charger? Sounds like BS aswell.

Just to make you buy a new phone that you won't notice any difference.

2015 new phones make is more water proof. new curved screen
Make the camera better more 50MP. Faster CPU 3.5GHz with 8 cores (octa-core), CPU 64bit. faster memory 6Gb. Bigger screen like 5.5 inch. Ultra HD. Make it metal or aluminium frame.
make it more slimmer and make the world's smallest bezels. lol. more Flex and bend in the phone (A flexible design)., do we really need microSD card slot that support 512Gb?

fingerprint scanner, eye scanning technology (iris recognition technology) BIOMETRICS looks like these new phones are trying to spy on us. are they getting information about our private life?
FACIAL RECOGNITION APP

QUOTE FROM Cnet website.
Soon your face could be your calling card
upcoming app called NameTag will allow you to photograph strangers and find out who they are complete with social networking and online dating profiles. The app will send the photo wirelessly to NameTag's server, where it will compare the photo to millions of online records and return with a name, more photos, and social-media profiles, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, where the person (or their friends) might have publicly posted photos of themselves.

And, if you're interested in that person in a more-than-passing fashion, the app's creator -- FacialNetwork -- is working on technology that will allow scanning of profile pictures on online dating sites, such as Plenty of Fish, OKCupid, and Match.com. Have you heard of google glass and hololens?

Year 2015 phones waste of space.
flagship phones are getting so big can't even fit in the pocket.

Would have been better if they spend more time making the battery last longer like a week or 2 weeks from a single charge. and need gorilla glass 5 so even a car runs over my phone the phone won't break. then it's worth buying a new phone.

and they need to sort out the overheating issues in some phones, and sort out the lag. never mind higher clock speed or DDR4 RAM!
Old 23-01-2015, 10:50   #35
truthspeaker
cf.addict

while your at it get a Junior tracking watch aswell
also like to see a watch that can record 4K video
Old 23-01-2015, 22:18   #36
truthspeaker
cf.addict

HTC One M9
rumours leaked spec's

Snapdragon 810 chipset with Adreno 430 GPU (which is an Octa-Core chipset)
3GB of RAM
5-inch 1080p display (Super LCD3)
2,840mAh battery
Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense 7.0
20.7 megapixel camera on the rear, 13MP UltraPixel camera on the front
4K (UHD) video recording
Cat.6 LTE support
about £550
1st March 2015

Battery should last longer because the display is only 1080p and should not lag either. for example. like the mistake LG G3 made! hopefully they learn from they mistake and fix it in LG G4.
I think more people will buy HTC one M9 now because this time they got the camera right. last year people was complain about camera. this year HTC one got what people wanted.

Best phone of 2015 My list. let see if my prediction is right.
1) HTC ONE M9 = (3 times champion in a row)
2) Iphone 6s or Iphone 7
3) LG G4
4) Samsung Galaxy S6 (metal frame) iphone killer????
5) Sony Xepria Z4 compact
6) one plus two
7) Moto X (2015)
8) Google Nexus 2015
Old 23-01-2015, 22:23   #37
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
HTC One M9
rumours leaked spec's

Snapdragon 810 chipset with Adreno 430 GPU (which is an Octa-Core chipset)
3GB of RAM
5-inch 1080p display (Super LCD3)
2,840mAh battery
Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense 7.0
20.7 megapixel camera on the rear, 13MP UltraPixel camera on the front
4K (UHD) video recording
Cat.6 LTE support
about £550
1st March 2015

Battery should last longer because the display is only 1080p and should not lag either. for example. like the mistake LG G3 made!
For godsake how many times........ My LG G3 does not lag or get hot and the battery life i can easily get 2 days before i think to charge it!
Old 23-01-2015, 22:28   #38
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have the M7, and my battery live at work suck because of EEs poor network and at home I can go over 24 hours without a charge.

Sometimes it can be very warm charging, other time no temperature increase.
Old 27-01-2015, 18:44   #39
truthspeaker
cf.addict

@SnoopZ
you'll be lucky if that LG lasts you 5 months
Old 27-01-2015, 18:50   #40
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
@SnoopZ
you'll be lucky if that LG lasts you 5 months
You truly are a clueless person and we can see how you get so much negatives here!
Old 27-01-2015, 19:18   #41
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I bet the phone lasts longer than your membership here lol.
Old 27-01-2015, 19:34   #42
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I bet the phone lasts longer than your membership here lol.
Probably! lol
Old 28-01-2015, 08:14   #43
truthspeaker
cf.addict

It's only a phone pal..
Even my phone sometimes as issues.
Plus it's my own opinions take it with a pinch of salt
Old 28-01-2015, 08:21   #44
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

We take everything that comes out of your mouth on CF with a pinch of salt.
Old 30-01-2015, 01:30   #45
truthspeaker
cf.addict

so did i lie about Vodafone Fantastic deal ? or did i speak the truth?