Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Time lag on Sky sports

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Time lag on Sky sports

Old 19-12-2014, 08:51   #1
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era
Time lag on Sky sports

Has anyone else noticed a time lag on sky sports when the live football is on. When I`m watching games I usually have my tablet on following twitter feed and the feed is always about 5 seconds ahead of the tv, so when there`s a goal I know about it before I see it. I know the answer is not to have twitter on but I like it. Its also the same for digital radio, thats about 4-5 seconds behind analogue radio as well.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-12-2014, 09:20   #2
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Time lag on Sky sports

It takes time for a digital TV signal to be encoded and decoded and some channels on Virgin are also taken from formats that need to be reencoded adding to the lag. Those that go via satellite are also subject to a further lag.
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2014, 09:48   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Time lag on Sky sports

Ah, for the good old days of analogue TV when sport was really live. I have this problem when watching the cricket and listening to the commentary on the radio - the radio is several seconds ahead of the TV. The delay seem to be particularly bad watching SKY via VM. Fortunately have a delay function on the radio - but its quite a skill to get them in sync.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote