Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | think my box has died again

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

think my box has died again

Old 23-11-2014, 23:21   #1
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all
think my box has died again

when it in stand by mode when the it got the clock on the time freezes at eg if the times 23.20pm it stays on it and dont move
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2014, 00:07   #2
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: think my box has died again

I seem to be hearing more and more people say that their V+ is going wrong.

Maybe the V+ is now reaching the end of it's lifespan? The technology was years old when VM started using it.

There must come a time where it will be cheaper and easier for VM to upgrade V+ users to TiVo when things go wrong.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 07:29   #3
gemma307
Inactive

Services: VM Tivo and VH+ 60mg broadband
gemma307 will become famous soon enoughgemma307 will become famous soon enoughgemma307 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
when it in stand by mode when the it got the clock on the time freezes at eg if the times 23.20pm it stays on it and dont move
We had 3 V+ boxes within 9 months, all refurbished. Finally gave up and replaced the thing with a second Tivo.
gemma307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 09:17   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Maybe the V+ is now reaching the end of it's lifespan? The technology was years old when VM started using it.
According to the thread title, the OP has a VHD, not a V+. But anyway... the Scientific-Atlanta V+ was old tech when introduced, but the Samsung one wasn't. There's still plenty of life left in the Samsung.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 11:15   #5
braysoj1
cf.geek

braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

sorry i ment my v+ HD box
Old 24-11-2014, 11:24   #6
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
According to the thread title, the OP has a VHD, not a V+. But anyway... the Scientific-Atlanta V+ was old tech when introduced, but the Samsung one wasn't. There's still plenty of life left in the Samsung.
Our new HD box is the Cisco one with the blue LED display. Is that the latest?
Old 24-11-2014, 11:43   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Our new HD box is the Cisco one with the blue LED display. Is that the latest?
Yes, there's only ever been one model of the V-HD.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 12:01   #8
braysoj1
cf.geek

That my box I got vm coming tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (598.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 24-11-2014, 17:22   #9
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes, there's only ever been one model of the V-HD.
I loved the Vhd had it from when it was first introduced until a few weeks ago, when we got TiVo with a new deal. Best box we have ever had so far.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 19:34   #10
braysoj1
cf.geek

just 2 let know waiting 4 vm 2 come il let people know what they do

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

referb box insalled :-(
Old 25-11-2014, 20:49   #11
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Virgin dont have any new v+ boxes
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 20:56   #12
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I loved the Vhd had it from when it was first introduced until a few weeks ago, when we got TiVo with a new deal. Best box we have ever had so far.
tbh I think the VHD box is the best box I've ever had. Fair enough it doesn't record, but catch up works which make recording redundant. It's also much faster and the PQ is better than TiVo (oh, and it's cheaper)
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 17:58   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Virgin dont have any new v+ boxes
I heard that they had "a warehouse full of them", but that was some time ago so maybe these are all now in service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
tbh I think the VHD box is the best box I've ever had. Fair enough it doesn't record, but catch up works which make recording redundant. It's also much faster and the PQ is better than TiVo (oh, and it's cheaper)
I know of a few people that no longer bother recording with the advent of Catch Up TV.

Personally, I like to record programmes as I can't always be available to watch the programmes within seven days.

Does anybody know if VM have any plans to increase the window available for BBC material from 7 to 28 days in line with the iPlayer?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 18:08   #14
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I heard that they had "a warehouse full of them", but that was some time ago so maybe these are all now in service.

I know of a few people that no longer bother recording with the advent of Catch Up TV.

Personally, I like to record programmes as I can't always be available to watch the programmes within seven days.

Does anybody know if VM have any plans to increase the window available for BBC material from 7 to 28 days in line with the iPlayer?
That was me who said we have a warehouse full of refurbished v+ boxes. This was when someone said virgin is running out of them and we will all get tivos which is BS
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote