Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Breach of Data Protection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Breach of Data Protection

Old 25-10-2014, 21:07   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Breach of Data Protection

As some of u may or may not be aware i suffered a severe stroke in April and another minor one back 5 weeks ago.

I have been working with the Stroke Society and a Social Worker which the stroke society fought for to get me some aids to help me around the home.

Now on Tuesday a message was passed from Social Services who came to fit and show me how to use the equipment saying that my social worker has stated that i cannot get any sort of Personal Assistant because of my benefits..

Now later that day i was thinking how did the social worker know what benefits i was getting when it was never spoken about.

It turns out the Social Worker without my permission contacted the DWP using my National Insurance Number to get information on what i am claiming currently and i am not at all amused.

Now i am totally baffled as to what i can do about this as it is breach of trust and data protection but who do i complain to?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2014, 21:43   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Breach of Data Protection

I could be wrong here but as your social worker, I am sure they are allowed access to your information as part of building your file and getting you all the things you need?
Old 25-10-2014, 22:05   #3
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Stephen to do that i would have had to have signed a disclaimer allowing her to get the information. I know the strokes have affected my memory but i know i have not done this because i can no longer hold a pen, i would have had to have a next of kin sign it on my behalf such as my son or my parents which they haven't done.

I know this because when i was having help from the citizens advice bureau on benefits, he told me that i had to sign a disclaimer allowing him the right to gain access .
Old 25-10-2014, 22:10   #4
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

I'm sure your social worker is doing the best for you ???
Old 25-10-2014, 22:47   #5
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Citizens advice is very different to a social worker.
Old 26-10-2014, 00:07   #6
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
I'm sure your social worker is doing the best for you ???
No she isnt.

When the stroke association got involved he couldn't believe what the social worker had done. She visited me on two occasions and spent about 15 minutes with me, on the second occasion she told me she cant help me and that was that.

Part of her job because of my mobility issues she should have organized a Physio and someone from social services to visit me to see what aids they can offer and she didn't do it even though it should have been on the top of her list.

I asked for a bath/shower seat so i can sit on and then bring my legs into the bath and my social worker said "Check online on Amazon or boots" basically saying buy your own which the cheapest i found new on ebay was £85 and thankfully with the help of the stroke association i now have some tools.

The Social worker has taken it upon herself to sign me off her books after saying she cannot do a thing which social services and the stroke association are discussed about as she should be there to help me to try and live a life as good as i can with aids etc and she did nothing. The stroke association guy is going to write a complaint letter about how i have been treated.

What gets me is i know a guy who is recovering from a heart attack, he has no physical problems at all, he was given bath aids, a wheel chair, a raised toilet seat and so on.

My right side of my body is affected and i can barely walk even using a stick and i have to carry oxygen and i cannot get a thing.
Old 26-10-2014, 20:08   #7
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Your social worker is assigned to you by the government, the same government that give you your benefits.

If your social worker is to correctly assess you and the care you require, she will be able to find out out what benefits and care package you might currently be on.

There has been no breach here.