Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Business Superhub now has Modem Mode

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Business Superhub now has Modem Mode

Old 28-10-2015, 19:26   #241
APS
Inactive

APS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the rough
Re: Virgin Business Superhub now has Modem Mode

Ours is also reported as the gateway/router IP address.

One fault with the new firmware is that it can occasionally zap all of the previous user settings. So I too would recommend checking the "Business settings" as still in place and correct.
APS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-10-2015, 00:43   #242
nickgoldman
Inactive

nickgoldman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have checked all of the settings multiple times and even restored a config backup. Unfortunately I am still getting a different IP address on the WAN to the one I am supposed to have. I will check back with VMB.
nickgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 18:39   #243
nickgoldman
Inactive

nickgoldman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help. After an engineer being onsite for four hours and swapping out 3 modems we are back online. As I expected the WAN IP address is back to being the gateway IP address.
nickgoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 00:07   #244
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

The sooner they dump these SH1's for business services with fixed IP address the better!
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 02:06   #245
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

You could always pay an obscene amount and get the real business service with a managed Cisco router.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 23:07   #246
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

That would be overkill for my needs. In my case the SH1 has been reliable, but I see enough issues reported by people to reinforce the views of many here that the SH1 is not up to the job.
Old 07-11-2015, 14:43   #247
ccarmock
cf.geek

VMB have announced in their News section the new 300 Mb/s service due for Q1 next year:-
http://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk...UK-businesses/
Old 08-11-2015, 17:15   #248
23prince
Inactive

23prince is an unknown quantity at this point

This wsa announced a few weeks ago by TBB I think -or ISPr but if it's anything like the 200 it will be rubbish in the day. I hope I am wrong because I want to upgrade to this when it comes out. If the upload is decent of course

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
You could always pay an obscene amount and get the real business service with a managed Cisco router.
EoFTTC is what I have backup. £700 to install and £180 a month managed uncontended and dedicated with a bit of Cisco Kit.

Well worth the investment even if it is only FTTC speeds
23prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 15:16   #249
Fedu2015
Inactive

Fedu2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if the problem with the SH1 locking up on the multiple IP option has ever been fixed, or have they given up trying?
Fedu2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 22:18   #250
ccarmock
cf.geek

I have the SH1 with multiple IP option and get no lockups, but am aware some did.

I'd suggest checking your version of Firmware -there was a new one released a few months ago that fixed many people's lockup issues with this config.

The version that seemed to fix this is BUS_V2.37.17

If you don't have that suggest opening a support ticket to get it pushed to your SH1
Old 12-05-2016, 12:06   #251
Fedu2015
Inactive

Fedu2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the repsonse.

We are still on BUS_V2.37.13 so will contact them and ask them to update it.
Fedu2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 00:16   #252
ccarmock
cf.geek

I logged it via the website - said I would like to update and specified the version to fix lockups. They responded the same day with a date later that week when it would get done. It was updated late evening on the day they said and since then no lockups at all.

I am surprised they haven't pushed it to all Business SH1 devices by now!