Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advert for bowel cancer.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Advert for bowel cancer.

Old 23-10-2014, 19:43   #1
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Advert for bowel cancer.

Test your poo!
I think this is brilliant and for a really good cause ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrwA_p8H6WY
Old 23-10-2014, 21:24   #2
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Re: Advert for bowel cancer.

It hasn't really got the point across.

All it says is "Test your poo" but for what? What are the signs etc.

If they want to advertise bowel cancer i say put the Bob Monkhouse adverts back on as they did have a sort of impact on people.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 09:39   #3
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
It hasn't really got the point across.

All it says is "Test your poo" but for what? What are the signs etc.

If they want to advertise bowel cancer i say put the Bob Monkhouse adverts back on as they did have a sort of impact on people.
When the video has finished there is a click here for "How To do It" and it will bring up with full details with the kit which your doctor will be able to advise you how to get the kit.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 11:11   #4
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I asked for a kit and was told it's not available.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 11:16   #5
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

I was sent the kit as it was an 'aged related testing kit'?
Just pray you don't have too many curries whilst doing your week of testing!
[Just confirmed with my wife, kit sent automatic when reaching 60years of age, otherwise speak to GP if worried]
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 12:25   #6
Taf
cf.mega poster

Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Due to periods of Heliobacter Pylori stomach infection, I was told I should test myself twice a year as the infection can cause ulcers and potentially bleeds/cancer. But I have to jump through hoops each time to get a sample jar from the GP (once I get past the receptionist).
Old 24-10-2014, 12:57   #7
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Due to periods of Heliobacter Pylori stomach infection, I was told I should test myself twice a year as the infection can cause ulcers and potentially bleeds/cancer. But I have to jump through hoops each time to get a sample jar from the GP (once I get past the receptionist).
Make appointment to see your GP, if the receptionist asks what is it for just say personal.

Ken
Old 24-10-2014, 13:48   #8
Taf
cf.mega poster

I do just that for open morning surgeries, but their system of "triage" (and maximum number of patients seen in one session) is not conducted by a medical person but an administrator.

Getting one of the 6 evening appointments is almost impossible as they only book up to 5 "working days" in advance now (to massage the waiting times backlog I suspect).
Old 24-10-2014, 14:33   #9
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I do just that for open morning surgeries, but their system of "triage" (and maximum number of patients seen in one session) is not conducted by a medical person but an administrator.

Getting one of the 6 evening appointments is almost impossible as they only book up to 5 "working days" in advance now (to massage the waiting times backlog I suspect).
My doctor has a online appointment system where you can see what appointments are available for the next 2 weeks, even select a particular doctor or a male or female doctor so I think I am lucky, I can just call in at the surgery to see if there are any appointments on the day or phone.

I can even request any meds that are on my repeat prescriptions list as well and they can be if set up sent to my local pharmacy

Ken