Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | upgrade to 100mb new contract?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

upgrade to 100mb new contract?

Old 21-10-2014, 17:59   #1
DES_1001
Inactive

DES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of light
Question upgrade to 100mb new contract?

Hi,
I am thinking of upgrading to either 100mbs or 152mbs, when i start doing this the web site doesn't say too much about a new contract!
So my question is would i enter into a new contract by doing the upgrade?
I've also got a retentions deal and i don't want to lose it.
Thanks in advance
DES_1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2014, 18:38   #2
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: upgrade to 100mb new contract?

I think you can move up tiers without suffering a new contract but you won't necessarily get the best deal.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 18:45   #3
DES_1001
Inactive

DES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of lightDES_1001 is a glorious beacon of light

i just don't want to get stuck in a new contract or lose my retentions offers, which are still good after all this time
Old 21-10-2014, 18:48   #4
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Call them tomorrow and speak to someone there, they might be able to do a new deal for you. Best to go to retentions if you have any sort of discount.

150, option 5 then option 3 (just in case anyone who doesn't know how to call them reads this thread).
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 18:52   #5
DES_1001
Inactive

Thanks Mark, looks like it will have to be a call in the morning.
Thinking about it getting stuck into a new contract would be worse than losing my deal.
Old 21-10-2014, 19:01   #6
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

They can't put you on a new contract or touch your existing deal without you approving first. Give them a ring, explain what you're after and they'll see what they can do.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 19:24   #7
DES_1001
Inactive

phoned them today, via retentions!
To upgrade to the 100mb tier would almost double the price i pay now!
Below is what i pay
Bundle charges
Loyalty Pack: B B / Phone
Talk International
Talk Mobile
Talk Unlimited
Caller Display
Broadband Size: M (up to 50Mb)
Bundle charges total £13.02
Line rental £15.99
Total £29.01

New package charge for 100mb would have been £42.32
So i'll be staying on my 50mb service
Old 22-10-2014, 21:12   #8
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Your problem is that your current deal is amazing, given all the landline extras you have. You're practically paying nothing for 50Mb.

Also 100Mb is effectively two bands up from M, which is no longer available. 100Mb in old money is BB XL.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2014, 00:13   #9
DES_1001
Inactive

Yeah i see that now, i just got blinded by the light!!
Happy to stay with what i've got, after all just been upgraded free to 50mb, like the new speed wanted more!
Bad me lol