Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free View Vs Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Free View Vs Virgin Media

Old 20-10-2014, 12:40   #1
agentmatt
cf.member

agentmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Free View Vs Virgin Media

Hi All,

I'm currently looking into whether or not I should stay with VM or move to Sky or just to FreeView.

I was going over the Channels I get via my FreeView TV and noticed that there are a few that I'm not getting via my VM TV service (M+).

Is this correct? Why don't VM put through all the Free View channels I can get via the FreeView only TV in the bedroom?

Just seems a bit odd, but I'm sure there's a reason.

Cheers all
agentmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-10-2014, 14:16   #2
rowland2008
Inactive

Services: Tivo 1tb,XL,Youview box,Netflix thru BluRay player,Denon AVR
rowland2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Free View Vs Virgin Media

Matt
iv'e tried sky hd,freeview,freesat,and always end up coming back to Virgin.i find the 1tb tivo box second to none.i was recently on M+ downgrading from their top package i too lost so many channels incl free to air channels,i understand their are some channels only available on freesat,the same applies to youview who have Dave which freesat doesn't.
You may be interested to know that virgin online are doing a special deal on upgrades for existing customers and i have now taken up their offer going back to XL package i also seem to have a lot more free channels,i tried ringing them about their offers but was told the best deals are only available on the internet..all the best Dave
rowland2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 18:39   #3
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentmatt View Post
Hi All,

I'm currently looking into whether or not I should stay with VM or move to Sky or just to FreeView.

I was going over the Channels I get via my FreeView TV and noticed that there are a few that I'm not getting via my VM TV service (M+).

Is this correct? Why don't VM put through all the Free View channels I can get via the FreeView only TV in the bedroom?

Just seems a bit odd, but I'm sure there's a reason.

Cheers all
Simple. Virgin is a closed pay platform. There are no free channels as you pay a subscription & rent the equipment. Any channel joining the platform can (& usually does) negotiate a cut of Virgin's subscription income. This is why you see some of the free channels on other platforms on the higher priced packs on Virgin. It's the broadcaster recouping some of their costs.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 21:09   #4
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

it may not be worth you losing TV and getting freeview instead. I was thinking of doing that, but the discount of having TV, phone, and internet, meant it's cheaper to have all 3 (with tv on the lowest tarif), than to just have phone and internet.
admars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 21:53   #5
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

Best deals? retentions > internet - and of course, if on an old package, the newer ones may give more for the same sort of price, just depends if there's a bundle that's a good fit.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote