Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 2ac 5Ghz

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub 2ac 5Ghz

Old 19-10-2014, 12:33   #1
Carlos Carboni

Superhub 2ac 5Ghz

The supehub is set to broadcast into two channels 36+40 (Is this channel bonding?) but inssider reports only channel 36, the samsung s4 reports only 36 and the laptop (intel 7260) appears to be connected only on one channel. Do I do somthing wrong? Did I set it up wrong?

Greendfield mode is on and I have ticked the 600Mbps box.
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2014, 18:12   #2
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads
Re: Superhub 2ac 5Ghz

In the Wireless Band Settings,you need to enable 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz by ticking both boxes to enable them to broadcast at the same time.

On 2.4ghz,I am on operating channel 11 but on 5ghz I am on 44+48
Hope that helps Carlos
Old 19-10-2014, 19:46   #3
Carlos Carboni

Thanks.

2.4Ghz is on and works fine. 5Ghz is on too and works fine too ....but only on channel 36, I cannot see channel 40...

I tried other combos but inssider only sees one...
Old 20-10-2014, 01:40   #4
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

it will be speed setting mate go over 600mbps it picks 2 channels
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 08:04   #5
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

This is what I'm getting Carlos

Old 20-10-2014, 10:34   #6
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

You're getting full speed from your connection, any reason why you feel you need more?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 11:27   #7
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

I never said that I need more speed from my connection. I was corresponding with Carlos not you.
Old 20-10-2014, 12:08   #8
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
I never said that I need more speed from my connection. I was corresponding with Carlos not you.
Not entirely sure what you're getting at, then? What has your speed got to do with Carlos not seeing his wireless network on a certain channel?
Old 20-10-2014, 17:30   #9
Carlos Carboni

Well, I am not getting more than 30Mbps on an 152Mbps connection...

The super hub says that:

2g transmits on channel 1+5
5G transmits on channel 36+40

Inssinder on the laptop (intel 7260ac) sees the 2g on 1+5 and 5G on 36 only

The samsung S4 (*#0011#, left click, wifi) reports channel 1 on 2G and channel 36 on 5G

Question 1 What happened to the second 5G channel?

Question 2 Does the S4 connect in one channel only?

Question 3 What's the story with modulation? The samsung can connect with 16QAM, 32QAM or 64QAM depending on the supehub configuration

Question 4 How many aerials does the superhub have? The 5G can be setup to transmit on 4 channels, is that one per aerial? (laptop and samsung only sees the first of the four)
Old 20-10-2014, 17:37   #10
Kushan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Carboni View Post
Well, I am not getting more than 30Mbps on an 152Mbps connection...
Okay...even on a single channel at 5Ghz you should be getting much higher than that. Even on 2.4Ghz you can get higher than that.

So question - have you done a wired speed test? What did you get?
Old 20-10-2014, 18:40   #11
Carlos Carboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Okay...even on a single channel at 5Ghz you should be getting much higher than that. Even on 2.4Ghz you can get higher than that.

So question - have you done a wired speed test? What did you get?
Wired: 165-170Mbps on all computers -the connection is 152Mbps. ( cat7 copper cabling, 1Gb LAN)

I am on my 4-th Superbub 2ac in 3 months... the techs are puzzled. Two of the superhubs failed completely, bricked for no apparent reason. And yes, the power supply is the correct one with the sticker on it

The tech's iphone got 35Mbps...

Possible scenaria:

*there is a military radar on a hill near by
* all superhubs came from the same depot, they could be the same faulty batch
Old 20-10-2014, 20:33   #12
Kushan

It's entirely possible there's interference here, I take it you get the same whether you're on 5ghz or 2.4ghz?

Wireless is such a funny one, it's hard to pin things down with it. Never seem performance quite that bad though, but I've never used a SH2 AC before either.

As an experiment, what happens when you drop the speeds down to N levels?
Old 21-10-2014, 18:35   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Carboni View Post
Question 1 What happened to the second 5G channel?
Probably switched itself off automatically due to interference.

Quote:
Question 2 Does the S4 connect in one channel only?
No. It uses up to four.

Quote:
Question 3 What's the story with modulation? The samsung can connect with 16QAM, 32QAM or 64QAM depending on the supehub configuration
All devices automatically use the best modulation possible given the signal levels.

Quote:
Question 4 How many aerials does the superhub have? The 5G can be setup to transmit on 4 channels, is that one per aerial? (laptop and samsung only sees the first of the four)
No. Number of channels has nothing to do with number of antennas. FYI it has 3 antennae for 5Ghz.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote