Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Certain websites not loading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Certain websites not loading?

Old 21-10-2014, 11:09   #16
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Certain websites not loading?

Routing can be fun and hard to diagnose. I once had a problem where I could get to www.company.com but not to support.company.com. These had different IP addresses (consecutive) and resolved OK. But one traced nicely to the site the other went all round the houses and didn't get there or rather it did sort of. Turns out that it tried to route back the "best" way but that was different to the forward so packets got dropped.

I think the issue was at the peering points where VM joins the big bad world outside not directly with VM itself.
Old 21-10-2014, 17:11   #17
Green173
Inactive

Green173 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Certain websites not loading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieUK View Post
Okay, so as I was leaving for work this morning, I checked to see if anything had happened overnight....and it had, my connection's back to normal?! No idea why or how, but everything seems to be running fine again. Called up VM when I got home from work to cancel the tech as it was still okay *touch wood* .

Has anything improved for you Green173?
Just returned home from a couple days away with work, and it seems to have fixed itself. Can access websites such as the BBC now, and haven't encountered any issues.

Finally, back to normal !!
Green173 is offline   Reply With Quote