Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky HD premium add-on

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky HD premium add-on

Old 16-10-2014, 20:56   #1
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Sky HD premium add-on

Can anyone advise me if the Sky HD premium can be added via either my virgin media or the TiVo box, I'm sure I've spotted it before in the my VM pages but its no where to be seen now.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2014, 04:52   #2
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sky HD premium add-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Can anyone advise me if the Sky HD premium can be added via either my virgin media or the TiVo box, I'm sure I've spotted it before in the my VM pages but its no where to be seen now.
I think you can do it via TiVo if you're adding Sky Sports or Movies at the same time via the TV Upgrade app. Not sure if you can just add the Premium HD.

In My Virgin Media have a look at the My Upgrades & Offers page and the TV tab and you can usually do it on there. Only downside is if you want it sharpish, it can take up to 48 hours to process online orders.

Easiest way is just to call in and you may be able to do it via the automated service or if not, one of the nice VM staff will add it on straight away.
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2014, 20:53   #3
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Managed to add it via the live chat on the contact us part, won't be activated till later next week apparently when another TiVo box is installed
Old 18-10-2014, 10:47   #4
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Managed to add it via the live chat on the contact us part, won't be activated till later next week apparently when another TiVo box is installed
It won't be activated because your previous order takes precedence and has to be completed first before your order for HD gets fulfilled.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 14:46   #5
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Got the HD activated today only problem is the HD sky sports channels are only working on one box despite getting told they would work on both I have switched the other box off at the wall and back on and it still says this channel requires a subscription.

Can anyone advise on what to do please?
Old 24-10-2014, 15:28   #6
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Call customer services.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 15:50   #7
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Call customer services.
Thanks I'll try the online chat like I did last week saves spending ages on hold

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Just checked again and they are working that's saved contacting CS

Old 26-10-2014, 16:50   #8
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Very impressed with the picture quality on the SS HD channels a huge improvement on the SD channels

Much easier to see the scores on the vidiprinter on Soccer Saturday on SS 5HD now the text is in HD