Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | virtualbox on windows 8.1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

virtualbox on windows 8.1

Old 06-10-2014, 23:38   #1
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter
virtualbox on windows 8.1

tried installing windows XP in virtualbox but i have problems.

virtualbox on windows 8.1 falls asleep after 10 minutes or something.
i can't wake it up by pressing anything on the keyboard. i have to restart the computer. how do i fix the problem?

also connecting to internet is a problem in virtualbox. try fixing virtualbox internet connection
it disconnect internet from windows 8 if i mess with the setting in virtualbox.

also can't find my USB external hard drive and DVD RW drive.
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2014, 09:44   #2
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter
Virtual Box on windows 8.1 problems

correction First post didn't make much sense since my English is poor.
am going to try again.

i get problems with Virtual Box on windows 8.1

1st problem in Virtual Box is after 10 minutes in virtual Box the screen goes blank. i press everything on the keyboard to wake it up but nothing happens. so only thing i can do is restart the computer.

2nd problem is no internet connection. if try to get internet connection in Virtual Box my windows 8.1 connection gets dis-connected.

3rd problem can't view my USB external hard disk drive or DVD ROM.

can anyone help me?
Old 08-10-2014, 16:27   #3
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: virtualbox on windows 8.1

1st problem: Try going to power options and disable the 'turn off screen after 10 minutes' function

2nd problem: Did you set up Virtualbox in NAT networking mode.

3rd problem: Did you even connect them to the virtual machine?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 01:33   #4
truthspeaker
cf.addict

i format my hard drive again.
install windows 8.1 and install virtual box
installing windows XP running very slow.

how can i speed up the installing of windows xp?
its takes few hours. just installing last time i did on windows 8.1.

P.S. on windows 7 it was booting and installing was very fast.
Old 20-10-2014, 14:15   #5
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Why not just use Hyper-V which is built into Windows 8.1?
Old 20-10-2014, 22:20   #6
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Why not just use Hyper-V which is built into Windows 8.1?
hyper-v really isn't that good, even at enterprise level. for the home user, virtualbox is a much better VM host.
Old 21-10-2014, 09:56   #7
truthspeaker
cf.addict

Hyper-V and AMD is ticked and selected.
still running slow.
my internet goes off on the windows 8.1
inside my virtual box i install windows xp internet works fine.