Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phone unlocking websites/services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Phone unlocking websites/services

Old 30-09-2014, 17:28   #1
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute
Phone unlocking websites/services

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 I got on an Orange contract two years ago.

Orange/EE have turned around after 3 weeks of waiting and claim they can't get the SIM unlock code from Samsung (apparently a load of GS3 codes have been "lost") and have basically told me to sort it out myself.

Where I live there aren't any high street shops offering unlocking services (and I'd not trust my phone to them anyway), so I'm stuck with online services.

Can someone recommend a decent online unlocking service?
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2014, 18:54   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Phone unlocking websites/services

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Galaxy+S3+free+unlock
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blo...e/ba-p/7799058
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 19:01   #3
rhyds
Inactive

rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

Tried that before, seems they disabled it after android 4.1.1
Old 01-10-2014, 21:38   #4
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

On the giffgaff website via this page http://giffgaff.com/unlock/samsung-galaxy-s3-phone if you click Orange from the drop down list it says it can be unlocked for £12.99 within 20 minutes on the MobileUnlocked.com website and it has 4.5 stars. You get £3 discount by going through to the site via the giffgaff page
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 13:40   #5
Jalga
Inactive

Jalga is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Phone unlocking websites/services

Hi,

Speaking from my own experience i used twice this service UnlockCode4u.com http://www.unlockcode4u.com
I was also told by my network provider to wait for the code over 2 weeks and then again 10 days and finally i couldn't wait any longer, and i went online, i dont really trust to easy and it took me a while before i decided but after all it was worthy, i unlocked already my phone and then my wife S4 with no issues :-)
Hopefully that will help a bit!
Good Luck!
Jalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 14:17   #6
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

After reading the Trustpilot reviews I used unlockcode4u.com to unlock a Samsung for my elderly neighbour and can second Jalga's recommendation. I ended up using their live chat option as I was unsure what I was doing and didn't want to make the phone unusable. I couldn't fault how helpful the guy was who was on duty and the phone was sorted in under half and hour.

Oh and welcome to the forum Jalga.
Old 04-10-2014, 17:23   #7
rhyds
Inactive

Thanks for the advice chaps, but wonder of wonders the unlocking code turned up from Orange after only 26 days wait!

Now to request a new PAC to get my number shifted...
Old 05-10-2014, 22:44   #8
Jalga
Inactive

Jalga is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
Thanks for the advice chaps, but wonder of wonders the unlocking code turned up from Orange after only 26 days wait!

Now to request a new PAC to get my number shifted...

Lucky You!!!
Jalga is offline   Reply With Quote