Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV Anywhere App

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV Anywhere App

Old 28-09-2014, 10:58   #1
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice
Virgin TV Anywhere App

Hi,

Couldn't find anywhere to post this.

Been using TV Anywhere with no problems on Samsung Galaxy S2. However, have upgraded to LG G3 yesterday and now cannot download the app as Play Store doesn't find it. If I attempt a download via a direct page link to the app, the page recognises the app is installed on my S2, so I have no way of installing on my new phone.

I have read that there maybe issues with the app on the G3/Kit Kat platform...can anyone shed any light on the 'issue' ?

regards

TrevP
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2014, 12:01   #2
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin TV Anywhere App

If Play Store doesn't find the App it means that your device is not compatible for it. It will only show apps that will work on your device.
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 15:08   #3
whenthecatsaway
Inactive

Services: Virgin TiVo, V+, Superhub 2
whenthecatsaway is an unknown quantity at this point

It is not on the supported devices list here - http://store.virginmedia.com/discove...-anywhere.html
whenthecatsaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:22   #4
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Virgin Media has announced that its has added 15 new channels to its Virgin TV Anywhere mobile streaming service

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...oRx2dLq9It8Gx0
braysoj1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 10:02   #5
r94yan
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200, TV and calls, with Sky Movies and Sky Sport, Asian Mela. Two 1TB Tivo
r94yan is an unknown quantity at this point

any news on when the android sky sports and movies apps will be available?
r94yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 11:35   #6
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

The current information directly from Virgin Media is in this thread:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...s/td-p/2510775
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2014, 22:12   #7
Bagsy
cf.member

Bagsy can only hope to improve

I see from reading through this thread that the sky sports app does not appear to be available for Android, however my brother who has sky TV can watch the sky sports on his Android tablet. Does this mean that there is no availability of a VM app to watch sky sports, if this is the case then isn't it about time this was resolved. what is the point of having TV anywhere if you cannot watch the football on a tablet it's the only thing worth watching.
Bagsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2014, 22:22   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

After the recent agreements with Sky that added more Sports channels on the TV platform, Sky Sports is available on iOS for Virgin Media customers currently, and will be coming to Android. A confirmed date for the Android app has yet to be announced.

Prior to the agreement, Sky Sports was not available on mobile devices at all for Virgin Media customers.
Old 16-10-2014, 21:59   #9
Bagsy
cf.member

Bagsy can only hope to improve

Thanks Ben, at least I now know what the situation is, but is there any chance of a release date, seems a little unfair that you can watch using ios but not Android
Bagsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 22:30   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As I said, no confirmed date
Old 17-10-2014, 11:53   #11
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

The sky sports go app is great. But why is virgin tv anywhere unable to broadcast channels without a hdmi wire into the modem...sky go doesnt have this either? I can't ever be bothered having a massive wire going across my carpet just for the ability to use tv anywhere. i only ever use tv anywhere on my phone to delete tivo recordings. which again is bizarre that i can see whats recorded without the wire but cannot watch anything...
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2014, 12:53   #12
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

HDMI cables don't go into modems - not without a lot of force

VM TV Anywhere doesn't support 3G/4G no doubt due to the lack of licensing rights but it does support WiFi
toady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2014, 14:41   #13
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
The sky sports go app is great. But why is virgin tv anywhere unable to broadcast channels without a hdmi wire into the modem...sky go doesnt have this either? I can't ever be bothered having a massive wire going across my carpet just for the ability to use tv anywhere. i only ever use tv anywhere on my phone to delete tivo recordings. which again is bizarre that i can see whats recorded without the wire but cannot watch anything...
You do not need a connection between your TiVo amd 'modem' to stream channels via TV Anywhere.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote