Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM just called

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

VM just called

Old 26-09-2014, 09:16   #16
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: VM just called

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I was aware of G.FAST , however I can't see widespread roll out for a good few years yet.
Agreed, but if and when DOCSIS 3.1 arrives in the UK I'm sure BT will try and keep up - G.FAST maybe their prefered direction.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-09-2014, 11:52   #17
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I doubt you'll be seeing them kind of speeds for a long while on BT , at the moment BT are struggling to deliver 80mb to the majority of its FTTC customers.

The next step up will be to around 100mb when they finally introduce vectoring to combat the issues of crosstalk.

What estimate do you get with plusnet ? I'm on BT Infinity and my router syncs at the maximum 80/20 with real time speeds day and night of 76/19 , I have absolutely no issues with streaming and trust me it gets tested on a daily basis.
For the package i've gone for it's upto 40mb down and 9mb up for the top package it's upto 80mb down and 20 up. I think plusnet are owned by BT?
Regarding the new speeds this has also been told to me by a openreach engineer he said because i'm very close to the green cabinet i would be able to get fibre to the door which is rolling out next year.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 23:50   #18
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Ha!
I've just had an email offering me SS at half price for 3 months.

Apparently i should brace myself for 'gripping live coverage' of the Ryder Cup, at least i may have done if i got the email last week :-/
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote