Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Business relaunch SME products

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Business relaunch SME products

Old 24-09-2014, 18:59   #16
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media Business relaunch SME products

[QUOTE=ccarmock;35730892]I asked and was told upload speeds between 12-15 Mb/s today on the 152 Mb/s downstream service. Also that the product team are working on the Fixed IP option for that option. Unsure why a range was quoted! maybe 12 Mb/s in some areas and 15 Mb/s in others maybe when upstream moved to 64QAM?

I think it is down to business firmware for the SH2AC is not yet ready, that this launched without a fixed IP option

I interpret that has working out how to get the original Netgear options for L2TP surfaced in the VM specific firmware, which is the difference when comparing the SH1 business firmware to residential

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

That's a shame! I had hoped they would be running short of SH1 stock as that might inject some urgency into the business FW for the 2AC. I assume only the 50 Mb/s business service is using the SH1 for new installs now?[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere authoritative(IIRC) that SH1s are being installed as single play bottom tier customers.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-09-2014, 00:02   #17
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

I read somewhere authoritative(IIRC) that SH1s are being installed as single play bottom tier customers.
Right - lets hope they run out soon!
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 02:26   #18
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

You want internet and only internet? Well screw you, have the worst CPE we have. Enjoy your internet!
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 04:05   #19
Gtimers
Permanently Banned

Gtimers can only hope to improve

the best idea from virgin media yet ...so says Gtimers
Gtimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 15:20   #20
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
I asked and was told upload speeds between 12-15 Mb/s today on the 152 Mb/s downstream service. Also that the product team are working on the Fixed IP option for that option. Unsure why a range was quoted! maybe 12 Mb/s in some areas and 15 Mb/s in others maybe when upstream moved to 64QAM?
Hopefully the 30Mb upstream trials will go well and they'll be able to seriously look at deploying a new tier with that kind of data rate sooner rather than later.

Would smoke FTTC in both directions then, which is where they want to be and where they will be, just a question of when.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 16:34   #21
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

30 Mb/s upstream trials sound interesting for sure.

For me on the business service I hope they get moving with the business firmware for the new Superhub to support fixed IP address.
Old 28-09-2014, 21:46   #22
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I wonder if the 30mbit trials are just for business or for all 152Mbit tiers. That's not a bad upload ratio to have.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 21:50   #23
ccarmock
cf.geek

they don't seem top ever launch things for business first!

Back in the days of the 10 Mb/s fixed IP business service they were offering 768 K up, as opposed to the 512K other 10 Mb/s services had. but since then it's been the same as residential, with the delay in bringing any new services to business. So I'd be surprised if 30 Mb/s upload trials were for business services.
Old 29-09-2014, 03:11   #24
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I wonder if the 30mbit trials are just for business or for all 152Mbit tiers. That's not a bad upload ratio to have.
As long as they don't cripple it with STM...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 09:38   #25
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
They are tech trials to make sure it works and understanding how people use it in order to get a grasp of capacity requirements, not trialing a new product.

They will be for residential services, the trialists are residential.

It isn't going to be an upstream uplift for 152Mb. By the time it sees light of day assuming the green light is given 152 won't be the top tier.

Check out the rest of the UPC family for some idea of what the other children are selling. 200/20 and 250/20 are the popular ones with the odd 200/10, 250/15 and 500/25 scattered around and a few outliers.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 12:25   #26
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
As long as they don't cripple it with STM...
Indeed, though if I'm honest, I'd rather have better upload speeds with a bit of STM (not a crippling amount) than no upload speed increase at all. Then again, my use-case isn't heavy on the upload side, it'd just be nice to be able to upload files and photographs a bit faster. I don't do a lot of twitch streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
They are tech trials to make sure it works and understanding how people use it in order to get a grasp of capacity requirements, not trialing a new product.

They will be for residential services, the trialists are residential.

It isn't going to be an upstream uplift for 152Mb. By the time it sees light of day assuming the green light is given 152 won't be the top tier.

Check out the rest of the UPC family for some idea of what the other children are selling. 200/20 and 250/20 are the popular ones with the odd 200/10, 250/15 and 500/25 scattered around and a few outliers.
Ahhh ok, that makes more sense. So presumably even if it is given the go-ahead, it won't make an appearance for quite some time, years away.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 15:05   #27
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Indeed, though if I'm honest, I'd rather have better upload speeds with a bit of STM (not a crippling amount) than no upload speed increase at all. Then again, my use-case isn't heavy on the upload side, it'd just be nice to be able to upload files and photographs a bit faster.
Me too. Though I'm still sore from the days of -75% upload STM on my already despicable 10Mbps down 0.5Mbps up VM line. On a bad day download wouldn't manage more than 200Kbps and upload was STM'd to below 200Kbps too. 'Broadband' my arse.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote