Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Multiregion Bluray player

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Multiregion Bluray player

Old 19-09-2014, 23:40   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Multiregion Bluray player

Im looking around for a Multiregion Bluray player for myself and there are just so many to choose from and im confused.

I have looked on Play.com and Amazon and my mind is blown with the jargon can anyone recommend one please?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-09-2014, 03:37   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Multiregion Bluray player

Do you want it to be multiregion for DVDs, Blu-ray Discs, or both?

Do you really *need* it to be multiregion?

In the early days of DVD, multiregion was very useful because of the shoddy Region 2 (UK) market, but it's not really needed now IMO.

It's similar with Blu-rays... Region B (UK) is much better than it used to be. Most big films seem to be released around the same time as the US, and many discs are actually region free anyway. e.g. Warner discs are always region free, IIRC.

I used to have a multiregion DVD player many years ago, and bought far more R1s than R2s, but I don't see the point in having one now, nor any real need for a multiregion Blu-ray player.

All my BDs are Region B or region free, and despite being really into my films and buying *loads* of BDs (just like I used to buy *loads* of DVDs), I have never felt any need to get a region free BD player.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 14:08   #3
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I'm the same. When DVD first launched, there was a real advantage to multi region players as the selection of disks available in Region 1 was far superior to Region 2. Now, what's released in this country is pretty much on a par with what's released in the US, IMO.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 15:21   #4
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

a friend who lived in the USA for a few years has moved in with me in the spare room and the region 1 disks wont play on the player we have.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote