Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Creative Gigaworks T40 Falling Asleep

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Creative Gigaworks T40 Falling Asleep

Old 15-09-2014, 05:35   #1
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
Creative Gigaworks T40 Falling Asleep

My speakers keep falling asleep, by which I mean going into a standby mode, which is the single most annoying thing in the world, and is stressing me out.. I have to play sound for about 5 seconds for them to come back on which is plainly annoying

Having done a googlie it looks like its an EuP regulation and cant be disabled....

Any gurus know how i can keep the speakers awake (without playing continuous sound) maybe circuit modification??
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2014, 13:11   #2
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Re: Creative Gigaworks T40 Falling Asleep

Craig i have an identical issue with my onboard Realtek sound card and have done for ages.

You could be watching a film and suddenly sound will go off and as soon as u move the slider sound comes back on.

I thought it was a driver issue but i have tried 3 different drivers and all do the same, im wondering if its an update thats come down part of windows 7.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 20:54   #3
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I have the Creative T20's and mine do it too, they go to 'power saving mode' after 12 minutes of inactivity. It is mildly annoying. (win 8.1)
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2014, 04:59   #4
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Craig i have an identical issue with my onboard Realtek sound card and have done for ages.

You could be watching a film and suddenly sound will go off and as soon as u move the slider sound comes back on.

I thought it was a driver issue but i have tried 3 different drivers and all do the same, im wondering if its an update thats come down part of windows 7.
Thats not the issue I have at all...

---------- Post added at 04:59 ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I have the Creative T20's and mine do it too, they go to 'power saving mode' after 12 minutes of inactivity. It is mildly annoying. (win 8.1)
It would be okay if they came back on within a reasonable amount of time, im still looking into whether this is a hardware or firmware controlled sequence and as to whether it can be overridden
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2014, 13:04   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

First the vacuum cleaners and now this... I'm beginning to hate the EU and all their regulations.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote