Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Business Broadband: A Review

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Business Broadband: A Review

Old 02-09-2014, 21:22   #16
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Business Broadband: A Review

Yeah in fairness, our old ADSL connection (with Zen, not that it matters much) had about the same amount of trouble. In fact, it going down twice in the space of 3 months is one of the reasons we invested in a LL (With ADSL backup).
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2014, 22:12   #17
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyds View Post
There's only been one engineer visit since the service went in (duff superhub). Other dropouts have been very short in nature (1-2minutes) and quite widely spaced (weeks). Signal levels are bang on, traffic levels are not mental so I'm thinking our fibre media converters might be playing up or a similar (our side) issue. Compared to the quality of the ADSL link available (a mile and a half of line) this is considerably better. Of course given the choice I'd always go VDSL/FTTC, but I will say that VM Business is definitely an option I would consider if it was more widely available.
Ah. A couple minutes every few weeks is fine - your statement that "we've always had VM engineers available either the same or the next day." implies you've had to get engineers involved more than once.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:34   #18
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

I'm another VM Business customer with a static routed subnet option. The service has been good. when a fault is called in you get to speak to an engineer based in the UK - and ironically out of hours will get to an engineer that will log into the CMTS and check things for you while you are on the line with him. Daytime calls get routed to an engineer for call back.

I wonder if others suffer the same problem as me - as has been stated the business service is based on a Superhub 1 with different firmware - I find after it's been running a few days if I try to login the GUI will lock up at points. I am keen to know if others suffer this, ie it's likely firmware related or am I likely to have a duff device. A reboot fixes it for a while.

Also I gather towards the end of this year it's possible there will also be a 100 Mb/s business service not just the 50/5 available now.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:16   #19
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

I've also had the GUI play up quite often (but with no effect on traffic) so I think it is a firmware rather than device issue. Good to hear I'm not the only one!

100Mb service would be good, but will it require an upgrade to new hardware?
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 21:59   #20
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Yes same - when the GUI plays up traffic is unaffected.

When it happens to yours do you find you can login, and start to navigate the screens and then it just locks up?

the 100 Mb/s service will be delivered using the same hardware - no change needed.
Old 04-09-2014, 22:24   #21
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, or pages become progressively slower to load.
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 22:48   #22
ccarmock
cf.geek

yes that's the same issue I get. After about 2-3 days it'll lock up as quick as anything!