Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nat settings on PS Vita?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Nat settings on PS Vita?

Old 01-09-2014, 10:51   #1
Webmoose
Inactive

Webmoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Nat settings on PS Vita?

Hi all i'm after some advice...
I have a VirginMedia Superhub 1 and for the life of me i cant get my PS Vita to Nat 2 instead of 3..
I have a PS3/PS4 connected and there both Nat 2! Both are connected via Ethernet..PS3 to the Superhub/PS4 via a Homeplug....
If i reboot my Hub and connect Vita first then that gets Nat 2 but PS4 then gets Nat 3..
The PS3 never changes from Nat 2...
Its driving me nuts...Ive tried Vita in DMZ still Nat 3/Port Forwarded Vita still get Nat 3...
Please any ideas or would buying say a Linksys E2500 solve my problems and have the hub in Modem Mode...
Any help/Advice would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance...
Webmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2014, 14:05   #2
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Nat settings on PS Vita?

Sounds like the Vita and PS4 are using the same port for PSN connection. I don't know enough about them but I'm not sure there's much you can do about this.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 14:55   #3
Webmoose
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Sounds like the Vita and PS4 are using the same port for PSN connection. I don't know enough about them but I'm not sure there's much you can do about this.
Damn...thats crap...
Thanks....
Old 01-09-2014, 15:25   #4
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Agreed. Was going to say the same but similarly not familiar enough with the port requirements.

That said modern consoles *should* be fully multi-device aware and able to automatically negotiate a different port if the default one is in use.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:47   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I have just had a quick read because I have never owned a console I read your post and said "wtf is nat 2 and nat 3" but I understand now. Apparently nat 3 is an error code and you want all your devices on nat 2 which means everything is ok and you are in fact doing some PAT on your devices. Shub1 was always pants at getting Playstations to work full stop so the best thing you can do is either have a google of the problem (lots of other peeps have the same problem) and/or get a proper router and see if it solves your problem. This is one article you might want to have a read of:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...7212114AApKpC1

If you get a proper router like the Linksys router you can set some static ip addresses no probs and set up port forwarding as well, the only proper is that I don't know how you would change what ports you can use on the consoles. But like qas said, they are designed to use a whole range of ports and switch automatically if they know there is a problem.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:07   #6
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
If you get a proper router like the Linksys router you can set some static ip addresses no probs and set up port forwarding as well, the only proper is that I don't know how you would change what ports you can use on the consoles. But like qas said, they are designed to use a whole range of ports and switch automatically if they know there is a problem.
Unfortunately, I think a lot of the ports are essentially static and cannot be adjusted. Once something else is listening on that port, they simply can't use it. It's annoying and frustrating as there's no good reason that should be the case in this day and age, especially as PSN (and xbox live, which has the same problem at least on the 360) offer a matchmaking service. How much more difficult is it to supply a port number alongside an IP address?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:08   #7
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I have just had a quick read because I have never owned a console I read your post and said "wtf is nat 2 and nat 3" but I understand now. ......
Great - so you've now also grasped RFC3489 and 5389. so Full/Restricted-cone variants and Symmetric are now just another 4 buzz words to drop into the conversation? or are you already STUNned?
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:20   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
Great - so you've now also grasped RFC3489 and 5389.
sure have, I'll make sure I drop the buzz words into conversation appropriately so everyone thinks I know what I am talking about
Old 02-09-2014, 12:34   #9
Kushan

Yeah, you need to synergize better, Maximus, give 110% and really touch base with the other posters.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:42   #10
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Urgh. NAT cones. Haven't had that mentioned in a long time.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 13:17   #11
Webmoose
Inactive

Thanks for the input guys...I recks i'll buy a router and hopefully that might fix my problem..
Old 02-09-2014, 13:35   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

come back and let us know if it fixes the problem for you, I'll laugh my ass off if it does. I strongly recommend you go with your initial choice of the Linksys although you might want to rethink which model you are getting. Despite the fact that it has gigabit ports the wan to lan throughput (the max speed you are going to get off your internet connection) is 91mbits, so even if you are on 152mbits (as in my case), you will only get 91mbits. I suggest you pay the tiny bit more (£55 total) and get the EA2700 which will last you a lot longer in terms of wan to lan throughput (370mbits) and wireless because it is N600.

You have made a good choice, Linksys are very very good, I have been using them for donkeys and never had a problem with any of the routers I have had. £55 for the EA2700 is well worth it for the amount of use you are going to get from it.

As a foot note, one of the features that impresses me the most is that it can handle symmetric restricted cone variants.
Old 02-09-2014, 13:44   #13
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
Great - so you've now also grasped RFC3489 and 5389. so Full/Restricted-cone variants and Symmetric are now just another 4 buzz words to drop into the conversation? or are you already STUNned?
I knew you could be relied upon to enliven the thread.

Well done horse!!!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 20:15   #14
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

I'll have a double cone 99 with two flakes please
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 21:07   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

and strawberry sauce