Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media in my area?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media in my area?

Old 31-08-2014, 01:16   #1
dannybear
Inactive

Services: Sky+ HD / VM 100Mb
dannybear can only hope to improve
Virgin Media in my area?

Hey there!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place to post!

I just have a question to ask, so here goes.

I moved into London, SE15 area in 2008. As normal looked around for internet providers etc! The place I was moving into was a block of flats, I did noticed a green-box on the side of the building so I thought great I can get virgin media, on the next day inspecting it was empty. So on that day I used the virgin media web site post checker, which it did say "Cable not in your area" only ADSL option was given to me ( Went with o2/Sky now in the end ). So all moved in now, fast forward to this present day.....

However 2 months ago, I use the post checker again to see and this time it said "Result! You’re in a Virgin Media cable area!" Now the greenbox down stairs is still empty, so I see the doors always been open or left open.

As I am getting fed up with 700kb-900kb, funny enough I live under 1 mile from the exchange and is on a exchange only connection. Getting really annoying, not being able to go online while other family use the net, even just being Sky catch up/Iplayer on tablets is a nightmare to do anything!

My question is, can I ring up the customer services team, and ask a Virgin Media, engineer to check that it is down my road/place 100%? Or is it possible a engineer on here to check at least?
dannybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2014, 02:41   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media in my area?

Just place an order.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 02:57   #3
dannybear
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Just place an order.
Really not helpful!

Even tho I can place an order I do not wish to place it, then only find out that it cant be installed "due to a error" on the post code checker. In which they take money for the set up fees. Then it may take time chasing them up to get the money back, hence why am asking on here.
Old 31-08-2014, 07:05   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

CAn you ask neighbours if any of them have virgin?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 12:22   #5
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Hi dannybear, your first option is to post the question above on the VM forums and the team will be able to help you, http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ct-p/Broadband

Or you can phone the customer service team on 0843 218 6825 and they'll be able to advice
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 14:25   #6
dannybear
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
CAn you ask neighbours if any of them have virgin?
I have, well tried but no help there! Due to language barriers does not help. I even used my mobile to scan for wireless points from virgin media I picked up a few but not sure if there coming from my block, or from over the road at all.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Hi dannybear, your first option is to post the question above on the VM forums and the team will be able to help you, http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ct-p/Broadband

Or you can phone the customer service team on 0843 218 6825 and they'll be able to advice
Doh I just also noticed in the original post I put SE15, its meant to be SE17. SE15 area where I used to live!

Thanks, for the link I will try and ask on there and see. However, I might just have to ring them in the end. I got a feeling I will get the same answer as I did from the web site post code checker, unless they can look deeper to make sure 100%.
Old 31-08-2014, 21:08   #7
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybear View Post
Really not helpful!
This is the only reliable way to find out. If you don't like the answer don't ask the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybear View Post
Even tho I can place an order I do not wish to place it, then only find out that it cant be installed "due to a error" on the post code checker. In which they take money for the set up fees.
They cannot and will not charge anything if it can't be installed.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 21:33   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Go for it and see what happens. If it works then cancel your other broadband
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote