Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Upgrade from 120mb to 152mb

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Upgrade from 120mb to 152mb

Old 27-08-2014, 01:45   #1
videodj
cf.addict

Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
videodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enough
Upgrade from 120mb to 152mb

I changed my package today, which included moving to 152mb from 120mb, I have the vmng300 modem still, so at midnight my internet stops working and I receive an activation message when opening a browser, at which point the modem tries to restart and then fails to reboot.

So I ring customer service, who can no longer see it working at all, so now have an engineer booked for tomorrow and will have to survive with my 4G connection until they fix it.

It would appear that virgin have pushed an update to the modem not checking whether it was a Superhub or not and subsequently bricked it.

Has anyone else had issues upgrading to 152mb with a vmng300? Or were you asked first if you had a Superhub? From what I've googled, 152mb only works with a Superhub 2.
videodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2014, 03:55   #2
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart
Re: Upgrade from 120mb to 152mb

152mb will not work with vmng300. u need a new superhub 2
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 08:02   #3
videodj
cf.addict

Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
videodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enough

They should of asked or told me when I called then! Instead I end up loosing my service, why do upgrades never go smoothly.
videodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 08:47   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
or a sh1
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 16:28   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Presumably they haven't even written a config file for the vmng300. I wasn't given the option when I rang up to upgrade, they told me I had to have a shub2. I didn't mind because I was expecting that and knew I would be pushing it if I tried to consistently get 152mbits over 4 channels.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 18:02   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

TBH 152Mbps over 4 DOCSIS channels is pushing it a bit...
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 18:25   #7
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

I don't know if I am wrong but I seen someone using VMNG300 can get 152/12 no problem.
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 19:23   #8
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know if I am wrong but I seen someone using VMNG300 can get 152/12 no problem.
Consistent posting there TC. Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 19:28   #9
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
I don't know if I am wrong
When are you ever not wrong?
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 23:30   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Consistent posting there TC. Keep up the good work
well spotted, I'll add that to the log I have got going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
When are you ever not wrong?
exactly!
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote