Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One Plus One mobile phone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

One Plus One mobile phone

Old 18-09-2014, 19:51   #16
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: One Plus One mobile phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
what is band 20?
800Mhz frequenzy. The other 4G frequencies in the Uk are 1800Mhz and 2.6Ghz. From what I can work out EE has all it's network on 1800Mhz. I think Three has different frequencies in different areas, although i'm not 100% sure of that and was part of what I was hoping to find out.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2014, 20:51   #17
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
what is band 20?
This might explain it

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/c...te-bands.1065/
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 00:35   #18
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Anyone got one of these phones and use it on the 3 network? What's the 4G speeds like? Was tempted to get one of these phones but heard that they don't support band 20, which Three uses for part of their signal. Wondered how that worked and what effect it would have on speed/internet? Three has upgraded my area for 4G but still with the non-4G version of the S3. Speeds are great anyway but if the 4G is comparable with this phone, worth upgrading for the price and those specs. No point having unlimited 4G if it's worse than HSDPA though. Must be someone with one of these phones who knows
3 do not currently use any band 20 as part of their network, and even once they eventually do, it will be the slowest band and probably only used for voice calls anyway.

Therefore the lack of band 20 is pretty much a non-issue, unless you later plan on moving to either Vodafone or O2.

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcclanuk View Post
Unfortunately that article is mostly bollocks, as far as the UK is concerned. Where it is isn't downright wrong, it's still highly misleading.

Two networks use band 20 across the whole UK. The biggest UK network uses only band 20, everywhere. Band 20 also provides the best coverage in cities, irrespective of the fact that, well it provides the only coverage on cities right now on the first and third biggest UK networks.

Furthermore, the speed isn't limited to 50Mbps as they claim, both UK band-20 networks operate up to 75Mbps networks (and yes, I have personally done speed tests of 72Mbps+ on them). These networks are also the networks with the least 42Mbps DC-HSPA+ to fall back on.

Irrespective of that, although DC-HSPA+ provides up to 42Mbps download speeds, or a little over half of that of Band 20 LTE, it only 5Mbps upload speeds, less than one fifth of band 20 LTE (25-30Mbps), and has much higher control-plane latency.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 15:34   #19
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
What has the company done?

It's similar spec to the new phones but less than half price. 3GB memory, 4k + highspeed/slo-mo video recording+all those features on a v.nice 5.5" screen for just over £200 is much better than the £500+ for similar phones.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

What I can't seem to find out is if some areas Three use band 20 but other areas use a different band, or if all their areas use both bands but you miss out on something through not having on of them.

Specs are great but want my next phone to support 4G as i'll likely stick with it for the next 2 or 3 years. Part of the reason the 3GB memory was appealing.
Have a look here for what they have done.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/netapp/2...us-one-bad-pr/

Honestly it's petty things, but for a company to decide to do that and then not only decide to do the whole invite only thing, makes them worse than Apple and they are already one of the worst companies in my oppinion.

To the whole 4G thing, the speeds on 4G are good but considering the poxy allowance of data on the plans, I am glad I don't have 4G at the moment because I could quite easily use my months, allowance in a day.

5G will be interesting though with speeds of 1Gb, 4G is limited though by the amount of people connecting to a mast and also the chips and storage, in the phone as nearly all the 4G masts have 1Gb fed to them.
Old 20-09-2014, 01:34   #20
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
To the whole 4G thing, the speeds on 4G are good but considering the poxy allowance of data on the plans, I am glad I don't have 4G at the moment because I could quite easily use my months, allowance in a day.
Just because you personally use absurd amounts of data doesn't mean 4G plans are poxy. The average usage per person across everyone in the UK is between 1.5GB and 3GB per month (and that's including mobile broadband users). 4G plans start at 0.5GB and go up to 20GB, with a couple smaller providers offering unlimited 4G for less than £15 am onth.

Not only that, 4G data plans provide twice as much data as the average person uses, for less money than they are already paying for 3G.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 17:53   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just ordered the 64GB Sandstone Black model.

They will be launching a pre-order system in October for a limited time period.

http://oneplus.net/blog/2014/09/the-...-order-system/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 13:07   #22
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Sorry to drag up an old(ish) thread, just wondering if the OP got one and if so what did they think?

I've been offered an invite and was also wondering if not being able to pickup band 20 would cause me issues in the future
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote