Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Help Please Fuming

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Help Please Fuming

Old 09-07-2014, 11:20   #1
bornnslippy
Inactive

bornnslippy is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Help Please Fuming

Hi i am fuming

I moved to our new property and had virgin install tv phone broadband, then i saw a ad for a mobile sim. Great rung them up did a credit check passed great so 1 ordered the monthly sim great

unlimited calls, unlimited texts 2gb data for £7 there advertised offer

First payment take out, had the contract for over a month

Now not so good part i received this email today im fuming

Hello,

We've spotted a mistake and we?re about to fix it.

After your recent order with us we?ve done some further checks and
noticed you?re not actually eligible for the discounted Mobile SIM
tariff you signed up for.

This means that in the next 48 hours we?ll be moving the mobile number
below to a similar tariff, just at a slightly higher rate. Don?t worry ?
you?ll get exactly the same data, minutes and texts allowance. Your new
monthly rate is £14.00

Mobile number:

What happens next?
You don?t need to do anything ? we?ll make the changes at our end within
24 hours. After this, you?ll get two texts from us: one to say we?ve
removed the wrong tariff and a second to say the new tariff is up and
running.

Can they do this?

Just a update

I contacted Virgin they were not willing to let me stay on the bundle for £8 so i refused to pay £14 and they have cut me off straight away

How can Virgin cancel a contract because of there mistake but i cannot cancel my tv broadband phone package????
bornnslippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2014, 13:07   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Help Please Fuming

From your opening statement you had the broadband TV landline package. You then wanted to add on the mobile. So the mobile is a separate entitity, even if for convenience it was going to be billed as one. So if you wanted to cease the mobile then the others continued as their own contract.

As to the legality of you having accepted their original offer, and them then dropping that, after acceptance, that does seem inappropriate, but I'm not a lawyer. I suppose Vm might suggest that just as consumers often have a cooling off period, perhaps they do too?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 13:18   #3
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

And also, were you calm and polite to them on the phone? Getting rude and aggressive will not work with them.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 16:30   #4
spanna
Old Fart

spanna is a jewel in the roughspanna is a jewel in the roughspanna is a jewel in the roughspanna is a jewel in the roughspanna is a jewel in the rough

I was about to switch to one of those deals

Did they say why you didn't qualify for the first deal?
spanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:19   #5
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

It's very bad practice for VM not to honour the deal. The worst they could have done would have been to say that they made a mistake but would honour the deal for 12 months anyway. It would be interesting to hear a VM staff's perspective on this one in case I'm missing something obvious.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:37   #6
bornnslippy
Inactive

Hi no that is the email i received

Hello,

We've spotted a mistake and we?re about to fix it.

After your recent order with us we?ve done some further checks and
noticed you?re not actually eligible for the discounted Mobile SIM
tariff you signed up for.

This means that in the next 48 hours we?ll be moving the mobile number
below to a similar tariff, just at a slightly higher rate. Don?t worry ?
you?ll get exactly the same data, minutes and texts allowance. Your new
monthly rate is £14.00

Mobile number:

What happens next?
You don?t need to do anything ? we?ll make the changes at our end within
24 hours. After this, you?ll get two texts from us: one to say we?ve
removed the wrong tariff and a second to say the new tariff is up and
running.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:45   #7
tizmeinnit

I would imagine there is a clause in the contract for this if there is not then they are in breach of the contract. Read the small print see if they have provision for this if they tough its hard luck if they do not then you could press for a breach
Old 18-07-2014, 22:40   #8
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

probably best to speak to CEO office, Id expect them to say they made a mistake, as its their mistake they will allow you the contract anyway
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2014, 13:59   #9
bornnslippy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
probably best to speak to CEO office, Id expect them to say they made a mistake, as its their mistake they will allow you the contract anyway
Hi i got a number dont know if it was CEO office 08000521569 but i also got no where they said im on wrong bundle so they cannot offer me that sim deal
Old 20-07-2014, 18:23   #10
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

What bundle are you on?
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2014, 18:53   #11
bornnslippy
Inactive

Hi im on the M+ Bundel
Old 21-07-2014, 07:19   #12
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnslippy View Post
Hi im on the M+ Bundel
Yes I think that makes sense. The bundle is almost certainly too low to qualify. Trouble is VM have now removed all references to the old bundles.
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 20:45   #13
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

If they've offered you a package, you've agreed to it, I'd be very surprised if they can just say they made a mistake and raise the price. Complain to VM and then if not resolved go to CISAS after 8 weeks. I imagine VM will have to let you out of the contract free of charge and refund anything you've paid over the originally agreed price.

It'll take time though but that's what will likely happen imo.
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2014, 15:22   #14
NuttehButteh
Permanently Banned

NuttehButteh will become famous soon enoughNuttehButteh will become famous soon enoughNuttehButteh will become famous soon enough

Can VM just cut you off? Don't they have to offer a pac code as an option?

I am with them and the signal service and internet speed are shocking. I am being disconnected soon. Make sure they don't try and charge you as per the 30 days terms as they have breeched their own contract there.

VMobile are not very friendly towards their customers. I have a perfect credit rating and have done for 30 years. Yes on their system, because I took a sim only deal I have a marker saying I can NEVER have a handset contract with them. So I told them to shove it - walked into an EE store and got a 64GB 5S within 20 minutes.

SO you are not the only one they have messed about.
NuttehButteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 17:47   #15
Mr Pharmacist
Inactive

Services: Everything.
Mr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of societyMr Pharmacist is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttehButteh View Post
Can VM just cut you off? Don't they have to offer a pac code as an option?

I am with them and the signal service and internet speed are shocking. I am being disconnected soon. Make sure they don't try and charge you as per the 30 days terms as they have breeched their own contract there.

VMobile are not very friendly towards their customers. I have a perfect credit rating and have done for 30 years. Yes on their system, because I took a sim only deal I have a marker saying I can NEVER have a handset contract with them. So I told them to shove it - walked into an EE store and got a 64GB 5S within 20 minutes.

SO you are not the only one they have messed about.
I'm sure they've annoyed customers over the years, but for fairness, they've never been anything but great with me. And I'm not a "fanboy" but I've been with them for 6 years now, and that's a lot longer that the time I spent with Orange then 3 before I got fed up with both of them. On a different note, they are doing this in America. http://www.techhive.com/article/2459...ular-plan.html I wonder if something like that would catch on in the UK.
Mr Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote