Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | bt openreach engineers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

bt openreach engineers

Old 05-08-2014, 20:51   #16
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: bt openreach engineers

Work out you outgoings and see if you can afford the drop in monies ?

If you live at home then it will be easier for you than if you had a family , kids, mortgage etc.
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2014, 23:40   #17
Johnwalker1312
Inactive

Johnwalker1312 is an unknown quantity at this point

I reckon I could afford the drop in wages..

I wanted to see overall how others find the company to work for/be part of.

From what I know and have heard its great but would like others opinions aswell!
Johnwalker1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:30   #18
MrIca
Inactive

MrIca is on a distinguished roadMrIca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwalker1312 View Post
I reckon I could afford the drop in wages..

I wanted to see overall how others find the company to work for/be part of.

From what I know and have heard its great but would like others opinions aswell!
It is generally a good company to work for. But bear in mind these are new roles on a lower pay than existing ones, so no one will be exactly able to answer what your job and conditions would be like. What I would say though is just doing Managed Installs would be very boring. Existing employees would do all aspects of repairs (hence the much higher wages), and would do a small amount Managed Install work, you guys would be basically replacing the MJ Quinn and Kellys contractors.

It might be worth you getting your foot in the door as it is a huge company and there are definitely plenty of opportunities to progress.
MrIca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 11:07   #19
T0ffeeMan
Inactive

T0ffeeMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I've got an interview for OR in Leeds on November 3rd, just wondering what to expect, any insights would be greatly appreciated.
How many days per week do you work ? Is there any/much weekend work involved ?
T0ffeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 12:13   #20
MrIca
Inactive

I can't answer anything about money as they have these new contracts that you'll be on. I don't know anything about them.

Yes you have to work one Saturday a month but you get a day off in the week when you do so. They generally want people working 5 days a week, starting at 8am. There are many different roster patterns on offer that you could move to but initially it 5 days a week.
Old 23-10-2015, 12:46   #21
T0ffeeMan
Inactive

T0ffeeMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the shifts info
Anything on what to expect at the interview/assessment day ?

Cheers
T0ffeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 13:09   #22
MrIca
Inactive

Probably changed in the last few years but essentially you'll have a few group practical tests where someone will watch how you behave as part of a team. I believe they now interview everyone that goes, they used to send half the group home at lunch time.

In the interview make sure that you demonstrate a clear understanding of how OR works independently to the rest of the BT Group. Though it certainly doesn't hurt to swat up on the other parts of BT. I was asked about that in my interview.

Also try and act like you're very flexible about working away, and working that little bit later in the evening to get someone back in service. Don't worry, in reality that's all voluntary anyway.