Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moving home

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moving home

Old 30-04-2014, 17:17   #16
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Moving home

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Yes Kushan but the service is linked to a segment, account switching is a matter of a change of address for the account.
Err are you absolutely sure about that? The account number is linked to the property, not the customer.

Admittedly I was never a CS agent (or M&T's) and you're right, there's no need to stop a service - they had both my old and new property active side-by-side when I moved, but on the actual Virgin Systems, you can't have two accounts with the same equipment and I don't believe that transferring said equipment from one account (property) to another is instant, there is at least some downtime as they need to be provisioned.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-04-2014, 22:54   #17
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I think Kush & Pip are talking at cross-purposes.

Pip is right, of course, in relation to\ the OP being on the same segment. The CMTS has no idea of an address.

Kush is right (I guess - he is in a position to know) that an account is linked to the property. Thus if the OP moves to a new property, a new account is opened and the old account is closed.

Meanwhile the modem happily sails on.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:05   #18
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Yeah, I don't think there's a technical limitation, just a limitation of process. I could be wrong though, I completely hold my hands up because it was never my department, but I am absolutely sure that account numbers are linked to the property itself and not the customer (well, bar the last 2 digits). It's the same for other utilities like Gas/Electric.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:37   #19
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Seph knew what I meant. Perhaps I could've put it better.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote