Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Good for gaming

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Good for gaming

Old 19-04-2014, 00:34   #1
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold
Question Good for gaming

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Retail CPU // Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)

Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus Motherboard

Memory: Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz

Storage: WD - 2TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green // Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive

Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU

Optical Drive: LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x SATA Half Height Internal DVDRW Drive

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)
Old 19-04-2014, 00:44   #2
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
Re: Good for gaming

it depends on the budget
you have everything else really there.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 00:52   #3
Martin_D
cf.geek

Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

looking at getting the Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
Old 19-04-2014, 01:26   #4
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

the 780 should do the trick...

what about Water Cooling instead of air and also higher spec memory

---------- Post added at 01:25 ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 ----------

another thing which I have noticed myself is the size of the SSD...Personally if I could I would change mine now from the 120gb I've got to 240 or higher for the games as well.

---------- Post added at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

I havent got much on my ssd but with Windows 8.1 and BF4 installed my 120 gb ssd I have only got 30gb left.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 09:44   #5
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

SSD is too small
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 10:10   #6
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
SSD is too small
depends . My full install is on an SSD with plenty of room to spare. However with the prices now doubling up is always an option
Old 20-04-2014, 05:13   #7
Martin_D
cf.geek

Thank you for all the help you have given

Hope to have the pc up & running by the end of august

upgraded the Solid State Drive to 500GB

Water Cooling (Looking into this)
Old 20-04-2014, 05:51   #8
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post

Water Cooling (Looking into this)
If you are looking at proper water cooling setups only invest the money if you plan on overclocking as they can get pretty expensive.

If you don't plan on overclocking or only very little then the all in one closed loop systems from the likes of Corsair are pretty decent these days. Still similar in performance to high end air cooling but the extra space it gives inside the case to work if you need to is priceless. I certainly don't miss my old noctua and silver arrow air coolers that took up most of the space in the cases.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2014, 11:29   #9
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I concur, I have a Corsair H80i water cooler, its quiet & not too roomy,

Far as SSD goes, it's like all things, what you think is big enough never is, your upgrade to 500GB is sensible. I'm running 480, I also use a 780 and it's pretty sweet, good price point for the performance if you're not into AMD.

Actually your PC specs aren't that dissimilar to my own:

Quote:
Case COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770k (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® MAXIMUS VI GENE: RoG, PCI-e 3.0, SATA 3.0, USB3.0, THX
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
1st Hard Disk 480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
3rd Hard Disk 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling Corsair H80i Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Extra Case Fans 2 x 12CM Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Operating System Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Speakers Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 Multimedia Speakers
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2014, 16:34   #10
Martin_D
cf.geek

Just got the first parts of my pc, Now just the most expensive parts to get. :p

2014-04-22 16-31-26.532.jpg