Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Whistleblower wins landmark dismissal case

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Whistleblower wins landmark dismissal case

Old 18-04-2014, 02:13   #1
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Whistleblower wins landmark dismissal case

What goes on in our hospitals and at what cause, this man was just trying to the right thing hope he can now get on with his life and career the heart surgeon endured more than a decade of bullying from NHS bosses. What about the safety of the patients or do they not matter?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2zCETpJMP
Old 18-04-2014, 08:59   #2
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Whistleblower wins landmark dismissal case

Quote:
A cardiologist sacked after blowing the whistle on shocking NHS failures was cleared of any wrongdoing yesterday – after a 13-year battle thought to have cost the taxpayer £10million.
And that's just one more reason why the NHS keeps running out of money.Just how much money has been spent across the years trying to shut down whistle blowers and conceal poor management in the NHS?

Old 18-04-2014, 09:05   #3
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that any kind of debate on the NHS has been effectively shut down.

As a mate of mine put it: "Whenever the NHS is criticised, God shoots a puppy..."
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 09:57   #4
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I wonder how many of the hospital managers responsible for this are still in jobs of authority.
Old 18-04-2014, 10:09   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I wonder how many of the hospital managers responsible for this are still in jobs of authority.
Quite a few one would imagine.

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
And that's just one more reason why the NHS keeps running out of money.Just how much money has been spent across the years trying to shut down whistle blowers and conceal poor management in the NHS?

And every year we see them paying lip service and stating that we will change this culture but alas nothing seems to change sadly.
Old 18-04-2014, 10:23   #6
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Millions of pounds are being wasted within the NHS whether it be down to PFI, dodgy procurement, ill conceived IT projects, management excess or indeed attempts to silence whistleblowers and cover up negligence and ineptitiude.

It's truly a scandal that this is still happening and that those within the upper echelons who're supposed to be responsible rarely seem to be prosecuted or financially penalised. All too often they seem to move from one cosy, overpaid, executive post to another leaving the mess behind them for others to clear up...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 10:42   #7
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

My impression would be (and I've seen it numerous times) is that despite claims to the contrary, whistle-blowers are taken outside and shot really.

Shocking way to be.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2014, 13:17   #8
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I say good on this man despite being hounded he still done the right thing IMO putting patients first. I can only hope he can now get on with his chosen career but something tells me he will find it hard hope I'm wrong.
Old 18-04-2014, 20:07   #9
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I say good on this man despite being hounded he still done the right thing IMO putting patients first. I can only hope he can now get on with his chosen career but something tells me he will find it hard hope I'm wrong.

Here here well said.... what and were is the Tory Health Ministers response to all this, and what his he going to do about it.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 09:18   #10
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
My impression would be (and I've seen it numerous times) is that despite claims to the contrary, whistle-blowers are taken outside and shot really.

Shocking way to be.
I know someone who worked as a mid-level manager at my local NHS Trust and she claims anyone wanting to go public with information or allegations in this way are encouraged to look at 'the bigger picture' in the sense of whatever they're going to blow the whistle about - whether vital or not - they should consider the 'damage' it would do to the reputation of the NHS.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote