Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I fancy getting a 27 inch monitor

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

I fancy getting a 27 inch monitor

Old 31-07-2014, 01:51   #31
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: I fancy getting a 27 inch monitor

@ Pierre leave me alone I don't attack you. So why do you?
Is pierre racist?
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-07-2014, 08:52   #32
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrokhan786 View Post
LOL. if i oready have something that is working.. then why rush?
if its broken or not working then I will get it straight away.

anyway PCI Express 4 is coming.
maybe USB 4 might come out aswell
even SATA 4 might also come out.

every time something new comes out.
PCI-E 4.0 probably won't be here till atleast 2016.

USB 4 won't be for another 2 years if it still get's used since Thunderbolt will become more mainstream next year according to rumours.

Sata 4 again is probably not till 2016 since Sata Express has only just started becoming mainstream.
Old 14-08-2014, 17:50   #33
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter

new DDR4 RAM 3200MHz memory coming out soon
USB reversible
Old 14-08-2014, 18:13   #34
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
new DDR4 RAM 3200MHz memory coming out soon
USB reversible
At £240 for 16GB minimum, no thanks. It doesn't even work with the new Devils Canyon CPU's, it needs Haswell-E + x99 boards so even more expense. Not that you'll care, i imagine you'll be waiting 10 years til you can pick it up at a car boot sale for £20 anyway.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 20:14   #35
damien c
cf.mega poster

damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
At £240 for 16GB minimum, no thanks. It doesn't even work with the new Devils Canyon CPU's, it needs Haswell-E + x99 boards so even more expense. Not that you'll care, i imagine you'll be waiting 10 years til you can pick it up at a car boot sale for £20 anyway.
I don't know where you get your prices from but you can pick up 16Gb of DDR4 2133Mhz for £90 to £110.

Yes the first CPU's and Boards that will support DDR4 are the Intel Haswell-E cpu's but the cheapest of them, will only cost around £260.

You could get a board, chip, cooler and ram for Haswell-E for £600.

I am waiting till next year before I upgrade to Haswell-E because I will be going for the Nvidia 900 series cards at the same, unless AMD pull a rabbit out of the hat and finally make a card worth buying.
Old 14-08-2014, 20:16   #36
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
I don't know where you get your prices from but you can pick up 16Gb of DDR4 2133Mhz for £90 to £110.

Yes the first CPU's and Boards that will support DDR4 are the Intel Haswell-E cpu's but the cheapest of them, will only cost around £260.

You could get a board, chip, cooler and ram for Haswell-E for £600.

I am waiting till next year before I upgrade to Haswell-E because I will be going for the Nvidia 900 series cards at the same, unless AMD pull a rabbit out of the hat and finally make a card worth buying.
Yet again you are posting without having the slightest clue.
Old 14-08-2014, 21:23   #37
damien c
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yet again you are posting without having the slightest clue.
Really

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/...memory_in_uk/1

Quote:
In conclusion DDR4 Memory will not be much, if any more expensive than DDR3 Memory at launch, with prices of £55.99 for an 8GB kit and £111.99 for an 16GB kit, which for 2133MHz ram is not bad, especially given it is low power DDR4 memory.

While this Kit lacks a heat-spreader, at only 1.2v it doesn't really require it. I do hope to see some sexy heat-spreaders on later kits, because who wants naked ram in their PC, especially with that green PCB.
Please look up the prices before you quote something, yes there are other brands that are going to charge more but that is for higher speed and fancy looking, ram when it's not needed considering the low voltages required for high speed DDR4 ram which means next to no heat being generated from them.
Old 14-08-2014, 21:25   #38
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

I already have looked up the prices. Retailers already have them up and they are not £112 for 16GB. I didn't pull £240 out of my backside in the other thread.
Old 14-08-2014, 21:29   #39
damien c
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I already have looked up the prices. Retailers already have them up and they are not £112 for 16GB. I didn't pull £240 out of my backside in the other thread.
Let me guess you are looking at the Crucial Ram or Corsair who are well known for overcharging for there products.

Also I guess you are looking at Overclockers.co.uk who are also well known for overcharging for components.
Old 15-08-2014, 01:04   #40
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

It doesn't matter where i'm looking. Pray tell where 16GB ddr4 is selling for £112? If i'm wrong i'll happily say so.
Old 15-08-2014, 02:09   #41
truthspeaker
cf.addict

don't start with damien c. am sure he knows whats hes talking about.
Old 15-08-2014, 08:56   #42
damien c
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It doesn't matter where i'm looking. Pray tell where 16GB ddr4 is selling for £112? If i'm wrong i'll happily say so.
I cannot find the Adata ram, but you can get 16Gb Crucial 2133Mhz ram from OCUK for £162 which is far from the £240 you said.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...=8&subcat=2557

The price is going to be a little higher given there is only one platform that can use it, and that platform has not even been released yet but for those who are going to buy that, platform the cost of the ram is not going to be a issue.

If you want slightly faster ram and a heat spreader on the ram which is not needed then you can get Crucial Ballistix Sport 16Gb 2400Mhz for £180 when they come in stock, which is still cheaper than the £240 you quoted.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...=8&subcat=2557

When the Adata ram is available fully in the UK that can be expected to be around £130 to £140 for the 16Gb kit, since it does appear all the retailers are inflating the prices up on it.

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

Quote:
don't start with damien c. am sure he knows whats hes talking about.
I don't know everything, not by a long shot but at least I look I provide the figures and where I get them from, and people may not agree with what is said but that's up to them.

Kabaal is just a typical example of someone who spouts a price for something, without actually looking in to it otherwise they would have seen it can be found cheaper than they are saying.
Old 18-08-2014, 03:35   #43
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
I cannot find the Adata ram, but you can get 16Gb Crucial 2133Mhz ram from OCUK for £162 which is far from the £240 you said. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...=8&subcat=2557 T
LMAO, those are 4GB sticks, moron. If you want to make a totally flawed and absurd comparison, I can get 32GB DDR3 for the same money

---------- Post added at 02:35 ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 ----------

Quote:
Kabaal is just a typical example of someone who spouts a price for something, without actually looking in to it otherwise they would have seen it can be found cheaper than they are saying.
Biggest hypocrite in the world, you're still so bitter about other people paying half as much as you for their graphics cards and getting better performance that you have to make up lies about all components prices now I see.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 20:43   #44
damien c
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
LMAO, those are 4GB sticks, moron. If you want to make a totally flawed and absurd comparison, I can get 32GB DDR3 for the same money

---------- Post added at 02:35 ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 ----------

Biggest hypocrite in the world, you're still so bitter about other people paying half as much as you for their graphics cards and getting better performance that you have to make up lies about all components prices now I see.
Yes they are 4Gb sticks, since it's a 16Gb quad channel kit of DDR4, the price of DDR3 has come down since it has been around for years so off course you can get more DDR3 for the same price as a lower amount of DDR4 since DDR4 has only just launched.

Also you claim to get better performance out of a single card than someone who has 2 faster cards, but that information only comes from one site and is contradicted by every reviewer who has reviewed cards at 4K gaming, and when respectable reviewers do a review of the 6Gb 780 it will show it being slower than a single 780Ti at resolutions where Vram doesn't matter.

I have a choice to make in October about a monitor, I can either get a 4K monitor or a 144hz 2560x1440 monitor and I am leaning more towards the 144hz monitor since at the moment I could do with the higher refresh rate compared to the higher resolution, but when 144hz 4K monitors come out I will grab one straight away.

The fact is that 99% of reviews for 4K monitors show them needing 2 cards to run games maxed out, and with 2 cards destroying the single cards with more Vram as soon as AA is turned off since it's not needed, I am sure the whole world would love to see a single gpu beating a dual gpu setup, at every resolution but seeing as the card you keep spouting on about is a lower spec'd card in every way other than in the amount of Vram that it has, to the 780Ti and Titan Black it cannot compete against them in terms of performance at resolutions of up to 2560x1440, only when it goes above that resolution will it start to compete with the 780Ti because of the extra 3Gb of Vram, but it still will not compete against a Titan Black.

As for me being bitter, I am not bitter and I am not making up lies about the prices of components either, please show me where I have lied about the price of any component!