Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Music that moved you...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Music that moved you...

Old 10-03-2014, 10:42   #16
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Music that moved you...

Supertramp - School.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mis_QEB8JCg

As a testosterone fuelled teen eager to impress a very lovely older neighbour I used to chat a lot to, I found myself blaring out this record and 'Dreamer'* (her favourite album was Crime of the Century) all summer long as I dreamt of what might be. Not sure which moved me more, the thought of her or the music...

* Can't find a link to the orginal version sadly.

Edit - found one:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/929915...tramp_dreamer/
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2014, 15:12   #17
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Music that moved you...

Oh, quite a few:

Albatross, Fleetwood Mac (or, if we're going back that far, perhaps it should be Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac)? I actually saw one, or at least I think it was an albatross, when I was on holiday in what was then still Yugoslavia (a very friendly country that was, too), near Poreč (pronounced 'Porech'). It was near sunset and I was walking alone along a beach, and I saw what appeared to be a huge bird gliding over the ocean as if it had all the time in the world. This track always recalls that moment vividly.

Stay With Me Till Dawn, Judie Tzuke (I must get around to listening to the rest of her 'Greatest Hits' Album!)

Leon Spierer Albinoni - Adagio For Strings And Organ In G Minor - I first heard that (and spent years trying to find out its title!) in Space:1999 - Dragon's Domain. Of course I was only a kid and had no idea about classical music at the time, but it stuck with me for years, and then along came Wikipedia, and suddenly I could and did find out its title.

Martha's Harbour, All About Eve

The Martian Chronicles, Stanley Myers (don't laugh, the music was the only good thing about it!)

Those Were The Days, Mary Hopkin - that one calls up such vivid memories and intense nostalgia for my childhood that I cannot listen to it without crying if I'm even a little depressed.

Stranger On The Shore, Acker Bilk - my Mum's favourite, rest her soul. This one made me cry even when I was a kid; I played Mum's 45 copy of it while alone in the house (good old No. 23 Keswick Street, long demolished now ), and she wondered why I was crying. I don't think I told her. I still get a little teary now.

Hologram/Binary Sunset, from Star Wars 4: A New Hope, by the maestro John Williams. Anyone who can watch the binary sunset scene and not get a tingle up their spine must have a hole in the bottom of their skull where their soul leaked out.

Leaving Home, from Superman: The Movie, another Williams triumph (the scenes when Clark discovers the green crystal and realises he has to leave home). I love strings.

War Of The Worlds - I haven't heard the new version and I'm not inclined to. You can't improve on perfection.

Siren Song, by Vixy & Tony (look 'em up on the Internet!) - this moved me not to tears, but to laughter. It's a really funny song, on their album Thirteen, and was performed live.
Old 10-03-2014, 18:11   #18
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
Oh, quite a few:

Albatross, Fleetwood Mac (or, if we're going back that far, perhaps it should be Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac)? I actually saw one, or at least I think it was an albatross, when I was on holiday in what was then still Yugoslavia (a very friendly country that was, too), near Poreč (pronounced 'Porech'). It was near sunset and I was walking alone along a beach, and I saw what appeared to be a huge bird gliding over the ocean as if it had all the time in the world. This track always recalls that moment vividly.

Stay With Me Till Dawn, Judie Tzuke (I must get around to listening to the rest of her 'Greatest Hits' Album!)

Leon Spierer Albinoni - Adagio For Strings And Organ In G Minor - I first heard that (and spent years trying to find out its title!) in Space:1999 - Dragon's Domain. Of course I was only a kid and had no idea about classical music at the time, but it stuck with me for years, and then along came Wikipedia, and suddenly I could and did find out its title.

Martha's Harbour, All About Eve

The Martian Chronicles, Stanley Myers (don't laugh, the music was the only good thing about it!)

Those Were The Days, Mary Hopkin - that one calls up such vivid memories and intense nostalgia for my childhood that I cannot listen to it without crying if I'm even a little depressed.

Stranger On The Shore, Acker Bilk - my Mum's favourite, rest her soul. This one made me cry even when I was a kid; I played Mum's 45 copy of it while alone in the house (good old No. 23 Keswick Street, long demolished now ), and she wondered why I was crying. I don't think I told her. I still get a little teary now.

Hologram/Binary Sunset, from Star Wars 4: A New Hope, by the maestro John Williams. Anyone who can watch the binary sunset scene and not get a tingle up their spine must have a hole in the bottom of their skull where their soul leaked out.

Leaving Home, from Superman: The Movie, another Williams triumph (the scenes when Clark discovers the green crystal and realises he has to leave home). I love strings.

War Of The Worlds - I haven't heard the new version and I'm not inclined to. You can't improve on perfection.

Siren Song, by Vixy & Tony (look 'em up on the Internet!) - this moved me not to tears, but to laughter. It's a really funny song, on their album Thirteen, and was performed live.
Have you seen this rendition?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMTmV...eature=related

Excellent live performance.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 20:58   #19
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Lee Marvin - Wandering Star

Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)

Don McLean's Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)

Oliver! - Where Is Love

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 22:11   #20
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Being a bit soppy here
commodores three times a lady
It was our first song at our wedding in 1989 ... still love that song
Old 10-03-2014, 23:17   #21
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Being a bit soppy here
commodores three times a lady
It was our first song at our wedding in 1989 ... still love that song
I like the Commodores, especially "Easy".

I was married the same year, we just celebrated our 25th on the 8th of Feb.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 13:02   #22
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
I like the Commodores, especially "Easy".

I was married the same year, we just celebrated our 25th on the 8th of Feb.
Congratulations on celebrating your Silver Anniversary ... They don't make music like they used too ... I love the Commodores ... We celebrated our's on the 4th of March
Old 12-03-2014, 13:13   #23
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

This

http://youtu.be/b07-yKnKRMQ

Which Natalie sang at my wedding for me, yes I started bawling as did many others
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 13:29   #24
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
This

http://youtu.be/b07-yKnKRMQ

Which Natalie sang at my wedding for me, yes I started bawling as did many others
No wonder,OMG that is so lovely, really beautiful ... yes I would have been crying too ...
Old 12-03-2014, 19:09   #25
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Honey by Bobby Goldsboro. I CANNOT listen to this song without bawling my eyes out.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 21:51   #26
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
Honey by Bobby Goldsboro. I CANNOT listen to this song without bawling my eyes out.
For you Thunder
www.youtube.com/watch?v=59BZxgohr9g‎
Old 23-04-2014, 13:44   #27
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Here are some songs and lyrics that really move me and put me into a deep thought.

Mozart - Solemn Vespers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp1Qrwyt0og

Status Quo - Standing by the Wayside
Status Quo - Unspoken Words
(Piledriver Album)

Garry Moore - The Messiah Will Come Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k07j7LcLqw

Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in the Sky (Darkside of the Moon)

Fleetwood Mac - Need Your Love so Bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmW2ek7WkQ
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote