Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Day Z

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Day Z

Old 21-02-2014, 16:40   #16
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: Day Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Go from Point A > B, loot, Go from point B > C, loot. Gather all the best equipment in the game in 20 minutes then go deathmatch.

Pretty much DayZ. I had completely forgotten Zombies were part of the game the other day.
try hardcore
Old 21-02-2014, 19:28   #17
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Question about DayZ.
Took a battering from a zombie and now my screen/character is blurred, how long do I have to wait/rest till all becomes good? Have eaten plenty, taken antibiotics but no drink (don't have none) any help appreciated.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 22:02   #18
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

you'll die soon enough. without bandages, maybe a blood transfusion and a lot more red-meat food and sweet drinks.
Old 23-02-2014, 14:59   #19
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
you'll die soon enough. without bandages, maybe a blood transfusion and a lot more red-meat food and sweet drinks.
I died lol!
Mind you I died a couple of times yesterday.
Got suckered then shot, raped and pillaged
Old 23-03-2014, 15:25   #20
alferret
cf.mega poster

Been playing for 4 weeks now. My average survival time is about 2 hours.
Latest update has added more functionality to the playing area, a couple of new villages and additional items. They have upped the speed of the zombies and their aggressiveness along with their hit damage.
Health deteriorates at a given rate when idle (lower) and when you are in motion (higher), if you are walking, jogging or running it's the same rate so walking instead of running to conserve energy is wasteful.
Old 28-03-2014, 08:46   #21
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
ook a battering from a zombie and now my screen/character is blurred, how long do I have to wait/rest till all becomes good? Have eaten plenty, taken antibiotics but no drink (don't have none) any help appreciated.
Press escape, go into video options. Fixed. Helpful bug if it still works.
Old 02-08-2014, 19:37   #22
alferret
cf.mega poster

Still playing this (anyone on here a survivor?)

Stable is up to .47 and persistent items are now on experimental.

Loads of new implementations, fishing, hunting, cooking. The game seems to be heading in the right direction and is still very engaging even if there is a core set of players that just want to play PVP and KoS. PVE will be the most immersive way to play this in the end.
My survival time is averaging 15 hrs or more pre character and high pop servers are the more challenging to play on.
Old 22-11-2014, 16:11   #23
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

ooooh a DayZ thread lol

still playing the mod (don't have the standalone), damn thing is addictive at times. AI missions make it much more fun - and dangerous

I play on EWSG servers (both PVE) Cherno & NAPF maps. good guys, good fun, very well admin'd. They've also recently added an ARMA3 server that I *think* is PVP but I don't have ARMA3 so . . .
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 19:30   #24
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

This is for all potential buyers. Do not buy the standalone. There's been rumours the game has been abandoned, logged on the other day for the first time in well over 8 months and I'm also getting this impression. It's still being updated but the content and quality of updates are poor and the game has barely changed since release.

I find it shocking the mod is far superior to their flagship game so far after release. At the current rate this alpha will be going on for years.
Old 25-11-2014, 10:53   #25
alferret
cf.mega poster

I get quite a lot of enjoyment from the game, yea development is slow but it is alpha. Many games developed for consoles/PC are in alpha stages for 2 to 3 years before beta and testing.
Some people want everything now and then if that happened and the "everything" looked and played crap there would be uproar. Better to play it safe, keep to the schedule/time frame that they set out from the beginning and develop a better game.
Just my opinion of course.
Old 27-11-2014, 02:01   #26
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

They raised the price pre-sale then immediately put it in the steam sales at the original price. Starting to really lose faith now.