Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 29-03-2020, 23:45   #5866
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Can someone please explain why the Internet is so slow in TW area.

We are paying top dollar for the thing, and its far too slow
Probably more people online due to the obvious and your area is struggling.
Old 30-03-2020, 13:27   #5867
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

We're on half speed DL, but if that means others in the area have a solid connection, I'm not bothered.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2020, 13:37   #5868
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
We're on half speed DL, but if that means others in the area have a solid connection, I'm not bothered.
Totally agreeTaf, I'm the same boat.

We live in South Manchester and at least half our neighbours are working from home including our son and daughter-in-law. The reduction in my speeds is a small price to pay.
Old 05-04-2020, 15:24   #5869
MattGarner
cf.member

MattGarner is an unknown quantity at this point

Created one of these again after suffering from random internet loss starting noon yesterday until very early this morning. Superhub would just keep rebooting. Get a connection, last for X amount of time and then reboot again. Was a bit of an odd one. Originally it came up as a fault in the area on the service checker but it soon vanished and didn't re-appear throughout the night.

Then this kept coming up in the logs:
Quote:
No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=4c:38:d8:00:3b:f3;CMTS-MAC=00:9e:1e:58:2d:ce;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Seems to have settled down now and seems to be stable at the moment.

Last edited by MattGarner; 05-04-2020 at 15:39.
MattGarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:03   #5870
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

We totally lost all access just before 20:30. It came back around 20:45, but the BBPM shows nothing untoward and the hub3 log only shows "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" at 1 in the morning.

Back on the net, and many were complaining of a similar loss of service at the same time, on both BT and Sky.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:00   #5871
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Going to resurrect this old beast simply to post mine right now, looking the smoothest it ever has:

Contrary to earlier in the week when I was seeing constant spikes:

Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 14:25   #5872
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

Mine was terrible yesterday in the evening. Internet kept dropping out, but seems to be working well today.

My Broadband Ping
Old 05-06-2020, 21:45   #5873
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I haven't done this for ages.

This is a Hub 4 in modem-only mode, with two teens gaming and streaming every waking hour and some background torrents running. The service has been excellent.

roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 22:01   #5874
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

Mine isn't doing so well recently, evident packet loss between 4pm and midnight and power levels varying quite wildly, we have a 10dB forward path attenuator from issues last year. power levels are +7 without it, with it they are -3.5 to -7.0 recently and closer to 0 in winter, I know they can vary but that seems quite a large variation. we've a whole bunch of RCS Partial Service, MDD Timeout, SYNC Timing Synchronization failures etc in the hub log recently too with a ever increasing pre and post RS count, (some channels much higher than others)
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 23:01   #5875
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Somewhat fat latency. USed to be better when my connection was actually ropey every so often. Figures!

Skie is offline   Reply With Quote