Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VirginMedia Installation Delay - Unprofessional Customer Service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VirginMedia Installation Delay - Unprofessional Customer Service

Old 26-01-2011, 16:06   #1
mohan_kumar
Inactive

mohan_kumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down VirginMedia Installation Delay - Unprofessional Customer Service

Hi,

AREA 14 (Slough) Installation Engineer can't pull the cable - though its their fault they wont give me an early date to fix that issue, but asking the customer to wait for another 20 days without even considering the previous 25 days wait from the order placed date, seriously for an internet connection 2 months wait is really ridiculous.

I have had my installation booked on Jan24 for which I made sure someone is present in the house when the engineer arrives . The order was placed on Dec 30th and after waiting for 25 days, the engineer came to say that the point available at the house is not active and they have to pull a cable from the cabinet which is like 50 meters from the house. Since its 50 meters the engineer decided its a 2 man job and that he cant do it and pass the job to a separate cable pulling team who will just pull the cable, but apparently the next available date for that its Feb12th so another 20 days and then I have to rebook the engineer to come and fix it, I wonder how long its going to take. Though they failed to give me the connection at the promised date but they have already charged me for the whole month for which I didn't have the connection.

As far as I know for most of the services Installation engineer is the one who pulls the cable from the cabinet if it doesn't exist already. I have been using virgin for more than 2.5 years at various place in all my previous places the installation engineer pulled the cable. Its a shame that they cant prioritize the issues and get it sorted rather than asking their customers to wait. Since there is no other service provider available in this area I have no other choice than to wait. virgin customer service is like if you want to wait, wait or we are happy to cancel your order. Calling their customer service only takes me to people across different country who doesn't give a **bleep** about anything but only says whomever in the world you speak to this is the process and we don't really care for how long you waited.

Well my point is that I'm not mad that he didn’t pull the cable, but after waiting 25 days I have to wait another 20 days ****es me off. They should be able to consider that and assign the case a bit priority and get it done by a week that is fine and acceptable. But saying it will be a considered as a new process and you have to wait 20 days as that's the earliest available slot is really unfair and bad customer service. If there is a better provider available, as alternative people would really walk away from the deal.

If there is 25 days+ waiting time in that area (Area 14 - Slough) means that their team is under staffed or they are not working properly if former is the case they should really be hiring more staff to keep up with the demand rather than making them wait and loose their customers and brand value. End of the day for any business success customer satisfaction is what matters. I seriously think this issue should be escalated to some top level management and get addressed for the good of VirginMedia

Its just that there is no right person to speak to in virgin media if you have a complaint. I think I should have been given a priority and get my issue sorted because I have already waited till the installation date.

If someone is thinking about switching to Virgin Media think twice, are you prepared for not just the installation wait, but also for the cable pulling time + rebooking installation engineer wait In whole 2 months +

Is there a place where I can complain about this issue who will take it seriously or Is this way virgin works ? please advise. thanks.
mohan_kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-01-2011, 11:46   #2
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: VirginMedia Installation Delay - Unprofessional Customer Service

You could try phoning back to see if any cancellations have opened up more time slots. Virgin doesn't keep engineers aside for this type of work, its just not economical for any business to operate like that.

Your issue is certainly a tricky one, if a cable repull is required this may not have been spotted at a pre-install survey. Its unfortunate that these things happen but its not the end of the world. You have placed your order at a busy time of the year so I think a bit of a delay is to be expected, especially now there is unforeseen work required.

As i said, try phoning back to see if they can pull the install forward for you, you might get lucky!

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 14:27   #3
sneeds
Inactive

sneeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: VirginMedia Installation Delay - Unprofessional Customer Service

I have the same or similar issue.

Ordered 4th December - "installation" booked for 23rd - it snowed, "construction" delayed...until 13th Jan.

13th Jan, when the engineer came out to do the "installation" he said the "construction" not complete - I need the cable pulled.

"Installation" rebooked 8th feb - issue apparently "escalated" and I called Virgin THREE times in between to be assured the "construction" is complete and the "installation" is booked and will go ahead Feb 8th.

I call Virgin this morning, half eleven, job still on,. I call Virgin this afternoon at 1pm , job cancelled by technician due to construction issues (but no one even called me).

Three days I have taken off work. Three days out of my annual holiday package. That makes me cross. The fact I go through to different people who see different information. That makes me cross. The fact that I cannot get through to anyone who will be accountable. That makes me cross.

In fact, I got so upset today I cried - and that makes me extremely cross !!

I'm now awaiting call from someone in the construction team - and I think they'll tell me I can't have the installation and then I'll ask them to recompense me three days wages and I'll wait for BT infinity - who will be coming in the near future.

I cannot believe how poor the service is and how badly co ordinated the departments are and I look forward to hearing if your issue is resolved or what steps you have taken that I might find useful.

Unreal - December 4th to February 8th and nothing. It's a joke.

PS Yes, SLough SL2
sneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 15:08   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Single man service techs don't do repulls, I don't even have a cobra to do it
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:29   #5
Grumpy777
Inactive

Grumpy777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same story here!
I live in Maidenhead. Ordered services in December. Installation date was today: 9th February. What happened - nothing... I got voicemail from VM complaining that due to a lot of people being off sick, they had to cancel my installation and booked me for 22nd March !!! That's freaking ridiculous ! What a sad excuse of a service provider they are..

Made me speechless today...
Grumpy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 17:18   #6
MrIca
Inactive

MrIca is on a distinguished roadMrIca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Single man service techs don't do repulls, I don't even have a cobra to do it
What exactly do you do then if you don't do repulls? Sounds like an easy job you have there then.
MrIca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 19:15   #7
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

Both Slough and Maidenhead come under the same franchise (West London)... And due to issues with councils, blocked ducts etc... repulls under the path is done by a construction company
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 19:39   #8
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

this thread is 5 years old!!!
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 21:02   #9
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIca View Post
What exactly do you do then if you don't do repulls? Sounds like an easy job you have there then.
An install tech can only carry a certain amount of equipment in his van for the install.

He will also be allocated X no of installs in a day so hasn't the time to do a repull.

Repulls are done by another team.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:56   #10
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I get allocated 31mins to fix a fault. If I done a repl I'd be letting other customers down
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 14:09   #11
MrIca
Inactive

MrIca is on a distinguished roadMrIca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
I get allocated 31mins to fix a fault. If I done a repl I'd be letting other customers down
Oh right I just assumed only actual Virgin Media staff do faults. With contractors doing installs only.
MrIca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:06   #12
brundles
Inactive

brundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of societybrundles is a pillar of society

I moved house in December and thought I'd stick with Virgin Media as they'd provided a good service for years (Slough area funnily enough given this thread though the move was out of area) but so far the company has done a sterling job of turning a long standing loyal customer to one that wouldn't suggest them to their worst enemy!

I actually have a lot sympathy for the techs doing installs and fault fixing as they have no idea what they're walking in to, how savvy the customer is/isn't and management will be reducing those estimated job times year on year assuming things get easier. If only! The fact that on install day in December the engineer asked me to sign a form saying successful install when it wasn't (I'm still without a phone line now and no idea when they'll get it working - repull construction issues, hence finding this thread) isn't the sort of behaviour to encourage my way of thinking though.

Anyway, back on topic - so far I'm two failed repull attempts down, one complaint formally lodged and apparently closed with no update or response, and the only indication given back by Virgin Media staff is "it'll be a few more weeks" - just as I was being told in December. And of course they're continuing to try to bill for said phone line. To those complaining about how far off the date is, at least you have one...

If anyone does have a contact e-mail address to escalate complaints I'd be glad to see it!
brundles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 14:10   #13
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brundles View Post

If anyone does have a contact e-mail address to escalate complaints I'd be glad to see it!
Just google virgin media ceo email.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 23:39   #14
Y.skinner
Inactive

Y.skinner is on a distinguished roadY.skinner is on a distinguished road

Try emailing Executiveteam@virginmedia.co.uk (CEO team) or Karen.ingham@virginmedia.co.uk , who is head of customer services.
Y.skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:29   #15
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIca View Post
Oh right I just assumed only actual Virgin Media staff do faults. With contractors doing installs only.
nope i'm a contractor and work on service (faults and installs)
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote