View Single Post
Old 14-03-2012, 20:55   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Poor streaming downloading and uploading

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
So how do you square that with your comment that "everyone has problems in every area"?
I love how you put a quote I didn't make in quotation marks I said everyone has the problem on all tiers meaning that it isnt an issue defined by download speed and going from a 10mbit connection to a 100mbit won't fix it. Hence my further remarks regarding my speed and occassional problems and the fact that my area is great.

Regarding DNS servers, any change in the DNS servers you use and the buffering is coincidental. DNS servers are used for address resolution and that is it. They arent going to provide you with a better route to youtube nor are they going to circumvent any cogestion issues. That being said, summing the shub problems up as a whole, with DNS being one of the many issues, I would strongly suggest that in the long term you treat yourself to a proper router where you can manually configure your dns servers. I have got a Linksys router and changed my DNS servers to the google ones years ago and I have never looked back since. On the odd occasion you see a flurry of posts where users report that they cant get to certain sites (VM DNS issues), I continue to happily use my connection uninterrupted and wouldn't even be aware there was an issue if it wasnt for the fact I saw other people moaning about it. Having a good router is all about providing a reliable and solid service to your devices, you shouldnt have to close your eyes and cross your fingers everytime you want to do something.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote