View Single Post
Old 20-06-2011, 13:49   #1
TV Installer
Inactive

TV Installer is an unknown quantity at this point
Future Proof House Install

Hi

I am currently attempting to put together a system into a house which will be future proofed. The house will have 4 rooms with HD TV, and will have wired and wireless broadband in the rooms over the 4 floors.

I would like to know the TV signal cable requirements for Freeview, FreeSAT, SKY HD, Virgin Media and BT Vision. What are types of cable would need to be run for each of these services, and can any of these services share the same cabling?

I understand that Freeview needs its own coaxial cable (CT100?) and Antenna, (or can it share a SKY dish?) SKY and FreeSat use the same coaxial cable (WF100?) and dish, Virgin Media uses a different coaxial cable from a HUB where the signal comes into the house, and i guess BT vision is the same as Virgin?

I'm thinking a 4 way LNB would be required to send the TV signal to each of the 4 rooms?

As far as the Network goes, i guess i will run CAT 6 cable to the rooms that require a wired connection from the Wireless HUB point on the ground floor of the house. To boost wireless signal at the top of the house, i believe i would put a 2nd wireless HUB at the end of one of these cables on the top floor of the house?

Thanks for reading this post, and i appreciate any help.

The future TV installer
TV Installer is offline   Reply With Quote