View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 21:20   #4
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Re: Loss of colour on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombini
I doubt that anywhere will give a free estimate. It can take ages to diagnose the fault.

You might be able to say to them "I have an xyz model TV & such & such is happening, do you know what this fault may be & how to repair it, what might that cost?"

If you could post the exact model number & can look on the TV sites I know to see if there is a common fault.

Now last Friday I would have said.

It's your colour TV license, it's the new automatic reminder that it's about to expire. It goes intermittently B&W until the day it does expire & then stays that way until you replace it.
It's a Sony Black Trinitron Colour TV, Model KV-M2101U. And having noticed that the manual is dated 1993, I suspect that I am being really optimistic expecting it to be repairable. However, if it's not too much trouble, I would be grateful for any info you can find to help me decide whether to take a punt on trying to get it repaired or whether to accept the almost certainly inevitable and buy a new set.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote