Thread: Nuisance calls
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 14:56   #4
Ouch
Inactive

Ouch is on a distinguished roadOuch is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Nuisance calls

Just an update on this. I managed to speak to a manager at the company that were pestering us and after a short discussion he understood and said he would remove us from the database...but the calls kept coming....

So, I phoned the nusiance call bureau on the number above and explained the situation and asked if it would be possible to have a new number.

The guy told me that there are no new numbers at all. No provider in the UK has any new numbers and the "I should really think carefully and weigh up the pros and cons" of changing my number as the new number might have even more nuisance calls.

I told him it couldnt possibly be any worse and he said he could swap me to pre-used number for a £25 fee. I asked why it was £25 and he told me that I'd had my "free change" and subsequent changes are £25.

So my "free" change caused the problem and they want me to pay £25 to switch to a number that might still have problems.

I'm so annoyed right now I'm on the verge of cancelling my 10 year account with virgin, moving to mobiles only, freeview tv and a different BB provider.

Can anyone tell me if the guy was telling the truth about having no new numbers?

****** customer service from VM.

Cheers,

Andy
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote