View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 17:03   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: need help to connect tv to aerial

Moved to 'Other TV Services' as this has nothing to do with Virgin cable TV so far as I can see.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishp View Post
talking about a large lcd the aerial socket is to far away from the tv.. and i dont want 2 have a long aerial cable going across the room ..
other ways?
You really do need to listen to Nodrogd on this issue. If you have a large widescreen TV you need to be very careful to do nothing that might degrade the signal it receives because it will make your picture look awful and you will have wasted all the £100s you spent on it. A direct cable from the aerial socket to the back of the TV (assuming it has integrated Freeview) is your only choice, unless you don't care about picture quality.

If I were you I'd be researching your best options for minimising the appearance of the cable rather than looking for fiddly technical solutions that will simply end up compromising the quality of your TV viewing.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote