View Single Post
Old 18-01-2008, 17:15   #8
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Really dumb Virgin VBox installing question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dmad View Post
<snip
I've tried turning it off and on at the mains and still it will not come off standby. I don't have a smart card, so I'm now wondering if i need one or not. Of cause this kind of technically information is unavailable over the phone.
Just to pick up on the above point. Unless I am misunderstanding what you have said you will need a smart card which should be inserted into the bottom slot of the set-top box. If you opted for a self install then this card should have been sent to you and if it hasn't then you will need to get on to 150 as the Vbox will not function without it.

See page 4 of this manual. http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/pdf/TVManual.pdf