View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 12:58   #208
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

They are quicker and much more responsive (i.e. they've chucked hardware at a software problem) but the V6 is demonstrably louder than any of my legacy V6s and anecdotal as it may be I've been forced to restart my V6 at least twice a month since January due to it starting up in a black screen......I've only every been forced to restart start my original 2011 box (which i still have) twice. Also some of the issues identified during the software testing are still present which is a shame.

However when they are up an running the do perform very well but at the moment I've won't be getting another V6 as the extra "functionality" is not worth the additional outlay. There's no restriction that prevents my existing box from performing it's "press play and actually play something withing a couple of seconds" function as it did in 2011 just shoddy software. It's just a pain I've had to fork out extra to get a box that has the hardware to compensate for the software.
I can only say that you must have been lucky with your old Tivo. I found I had to re-boot mine every week, and more on some occasions. Once my new V6s were set up and running as they should, I have not had to re-boot either of them even once.

As with any new technology, some people will experience problems, but I think the lack of complaints on here ( and we do like to complain, don't we?) indicates that by and large, this has been a pretty successful launch. I am certainly well pleased.

As far as your black screen problem is concerned, I understand that this is a known fault which will be overcome with an update. In the meantime, adjust your power savings so that it doesn't automatically switch off after use.

I am surprised you find the V6 noisy. I don't hear a peep out of mine. Could you deaden the sound by putting your V6 on a different surface (eg foam) which will stop any vibration?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote