View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 16:20   #1846
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
dont know how true it is?

But VM are limiting the V6 strictly to 1 box per household only?

I tried my bluff and called them up saying I had a missed call on Thursday which I believed to be able the V6.

They said there was no record on my account, and that I need to call back at opening on Tuesday to order as an existing customer.

But said I could only order 1 box only and couldn't replace my other 2 TiVo boxes as VM is strictly limiting it to 1 per household?
Well I looked and they explain the benefits of two boxes and rententions said you can get two boxes but there will activation charge for every box

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb View Post
Cheers Spider...I see that sheet doesnt say not enabled ,(unless Ive missed it), but it also does not mention it in the rear plane spec

To make full use of all the streaming across boxes, do both the V6 and both my other TiVo need to have an Ethernet connection ?

TrevP
I found out to get the best connection ( for future 4K streaming ) the super hub needs to be connected via Ethernet and right beside it. The 2nd v6 will connect via wifi. Or in the 2nd TiVo non v6 box, you need to connect with to the superhub via power line adapter
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote