View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 00:08   #760
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
Don't you mean the 15th?
I was told Wednesday just gone, but decided to wait until someone else went first.

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 06-10-2012 at 23:47 ----------

It's been quite a while since I started this thread, so thought I'd take the opportunity to update it.

For a while now, I've been among a number of TiVo users who have played with the Virgin Media TV Anywhere iPad app. I've found that it has become the default interface to our household TiVo and I use it mainly for managing my shows, series links, planned recordings and setting up new recordings, because the interface is so snappy and simple (even on my otherwise sluggish iPad 1!)

It has all series link features, including the extra padding options (which weren't in the US version I believe, due to US sticking to schedules?)

Another thing I use it for is browsing the Virgin "catalogues" which you see on TiVo. Stuff like the pick of series starting this month, or horror films in October etc. Much quicker to scroll through the covers of films and shows, and then tap to explore and record or watch on demand.

The streaming works well, pretty much the same experience as the VM web offering, a bit like TVCatchup.com, but has some non-freeview channels.

I'm not a Virgin Media employee, so I can't personally say dates, but it really is coming soon now, like next few weeks.

I can't do without it now, and look forward to the launch when I can get it on my IPhone again too!

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
The bolded part worries me.

The existing TV Catchup app can stream 30 live channels to loads of devices, including my phone and tablet. So I'll be disappointed with both devices aren't 'certified' to use the VM TV Anywhere app.
Not sure what they mean about certified devices. As far as I know, any iPad, iPhone and touch. My iPhone 3Gs also supported it fine.

Perhaps they mean registering, where you can register a maximum number of devices to access the TV Anywhere service.
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote