View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 19:31   #9
veeemmm

Re: Info Message Pops Up, Plus This In Tech Stuff (3010) / # 602

Anyone actually had this fixed? I've been putting up with it for many many months now. Have phoned faults several times and each time them insist on sending signals and getting me to reboot the box etc. They then ask me to change channels a few times and then "assure me it is definitely fixed". I keep telling them it only happens every couple of days or so. I go away a lot and record all my tv on the original Tivo so you can imagine the annoyance of getting home to find a weeks worth of an on screen error message and failed channel changes.

As I am home for the next two weeks (and it happened again yesterday) I decided to phone faults again and book a technician call. When I eventually got though the person refused to book a visit and insisted on the usual sending signal and then promised it was quote "definitely fixed". I told him that if he would not book a visit now and it goes wrong again then my next call will finally be to cancel VM at long last and I will stand by that. It is usually not convenient to have a call out at the times they offer, which is why I wanted to get it done the next two weeks. Been with NTL/VM over ten years. This is just the latest in a very very very long stream of on-going faults that never got fixed.

The service really has been truly dreadful and I am shocked that they insisted on simply sending another useless (based on the number of times they done it) signal and not send an engineer to fix it. Surely they can see the number of times it has been tried, even if they don't believe me for some reason.

Is this 3010 error not something they can resolve for paying "customers" or do they just not thing it is worth bothering with when it happens every couple of days.

P.S. I am aware of the option to use a timer to reboot the box every night as I have had to do this for most of the last 10 years, for one reason or another but it still results in lots of failed recordings.