View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 15:27   #15
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of
Re: Freeview area problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I believe the Freeview predictors which say there are no future plans are referring only to the period ahead of digital switchover.

If you are in a valley, then your analogue terrestrial reception will be coming from a relatively low-powered repeater, or fill-in transmitter. Most of these transmitters don't have the capacity to carry both Freeview and analogue signals, so they will have no Freeview until digital switchover actually occurs in your area, at which point they will lose analogue and gain Freeview at the same time.

So you don't need to worry, you will be able to get digital TV at your home, you may just have to wait a while.
Yes I would echo what chris has said. On wolfbane they haven't enabled the post switch over coverage predictor yet. Currently the official figure is something like 73% of the country can get freeview. After 2012 it will be in the 90%s. The wolfbane stuff you posted is currently a field strength of 29. That is certainly low but people have had digital working fine on that field strength level. You are 5 miles from the transmitter. If you actually look at your transmitters data you will see what the power levels of the muxes are 3 are on 400Watts, two are on 200Watts and the other 1000 Watts. When things get sorted out the new average will be 4000 Watts. It seems fairly likely to me looking at those figures that freeview will work now with a quality aerial but even if it didn't it should most certainly after switch over.
demented is offline   Reply With Quote