View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 15:00   #11
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2
Re: Freeview area problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented View Post
Saabmania2, could you please try out wolfbane or some similar site. I've had plenty of people repeat local urban myths that they can't get freeview and the majority of them turn out to be untrue. I've only met 1 person who can genuinely not get freeview (they only get 1 multiplex as they are in a deep hollowed out valley). I'd be interested to know what it said .

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Precisely. If you have a high up window facing directly in the right direction you could try putting the dish on the inside too (borrow a portable dish and try it).
Bearing in mind this is the transmitter i am on at the moment with a new arial put up about 6 months ago and it is an amplified high gain and we can bearly pick up BBC1 OR BBC2 with it.
Transmitter 1: BBC 2: Digital 3 & 4 A: SDN B: BBC C: NG Wireless D: NG Wireless Gp Pol OS grid ref. OD
m Field
dBµV/m Distance
miles Bearing
degrees Antenna
(suggestion)
UHF ERP
W AOD
m UHF ERP
W AOD
m UHF ERP
W AOD
m UHF ERP
W AOD
m UHF ERP
W AOD
m UHF ERP
W AOD
m
Brighton Whitehawk Hill 66 200 172 50 400 169 55 200 172 48 1k 172 58 400 172 61 400 172 CD V TQ330045 121 29 5 109 Amplified extra hi-gain

as for the sat dish in the window we live in a bungalow and the last thing i want to sit and look at is a disgusting dish (there bad enough on the outside let alone in your living room)

anyway i might look into putting a dish up down the garden, as our garden is hidden from everyone that might just be a way of getting round it.
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote