View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 14:38   #8
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2
Re: Freeview area problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Could you not have a dish and put it somewhere hidden or disguise the dish.
I'm also having the same issue with Freeview. I'm in an area where the street next door will get it but I'm just off the map and will only get a few channels.
I'ts the same with standard TV, I'm in the East midlands however I receive west Midlands news however much I wave my aerial about.

I wonder if when I get virginmedia TV installed I will be able to choose my regional channel as I don't want to get Birmoingham news, I want East Midlands news.
no cause the neighbours round hear are all fuddy duddys and will just complain they have nothing better to do than report you for everything they are not happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
If you can;t get freeview due to location and nothing to do with antenna restrictions then there's always freesat
hi kymmy,
as i said i can't have a dish as the area im in is protected plus it is a listed property and the council round here won't allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
In what way is it a protected area? A Sky minidish on the front of the house pointed to the right satellite should be easily sufficient to receive Freesat.

Your only way at the moment is to stick with Virgin Media.
hmmm and that's my point i was led to beleve from all the govenment hipe that freeview would be avalable to everyone by 2012. seems that might not be the case and if so i will be pushing for something else to happen like not paying my tv licence as i won't be in an area that can receive it. if i have to pay for digital on other means there should be some sort of compensation package.
saabmania2 is offline   Reply With Quote