View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 16:37   #9
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: Network transfer with the Superhub

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
The Superhub has basically the same LAN switch as the RT-N16. If there's that big a difference, either your setup is bad or the Superhub is faulty.
Setup is the same? Only changes are superhub to modem mode. Rt n16 connected as router.

The rt n16, out of the box, proved to be rock solid reliability wise although LAN transfer speeds only improved moderately. After flashing with tomatousb I noticed a tremendous improvement in LAN tranfer speeds along with a much snappier browsing experience without the dns glitches experienced on the superhub and the rtn16 running out of the box firmware.

As to the why's and wherefore's......after the superhub debacle I am just grateful to have thing's "just working" reliably again without the need of frequent rebooting and config changes needed to keep a superhub afloat.

Yes, in keeping with most of the VM/Ntl supplied hardware I have encoutered, my superhub is probably faulty. However it does make for a half decent, albeit rather huge, modem.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote